I was looking for something completely unrelated to this list.. but, since I've found it, I couldn't stop thinking of it. It is endlessly fulfilling, historically correct and emotionally empowering. Somehow, I find it perfect for today's post!
No matter how old we all are, it is never too early or too late to start accomplishing ourselves.
Here’s a short list of people who accomplished, against all odds, great things at different ages.
- Helen Keller At the age of 19 months became deaf and blind. But that did not stop her. She was the first deaf-blind person to earn a Bachelor of Arts degree
- Mozart was already competent on piano and violin, he also composed from the age of 5
- Shirley Temple was 6 when she became a movie star on “Bright Eyes”
- Anne Frank was 12 when she wrote the Diary of Anne Frank.
- Magnus Carlsen became a chess Grand-master at the age of 13 years
- Nadia Comăneci, gymnast of Romania at age 14 scored seven perfect 10.0 and won three gold medals at the Olympic Games
- Tenzin Gyatso was formally recognized as the 14th Dalai Lama November 1950, at the age of 15
- Pele, the soccer superstar was 17 years old when he won the world cup in 1958 playing for Brazil
- Elvis was a Superstar by age of 19
- John Lennon was 20 years old and Paul McCartney was 18 when the Beatles had their first concert in 1961.
- Jesse Owens was 22 when he won 4 gold medals in Berlin in 1936.
- Beethoven was a Piano Virtuoso by age of 23.
- Issac Newton at the age of 24 wrote Philosophiæ Naturalis Principia Mathematica.
- Roger Bannister was 25 when he broke the 4 minute mile record.
- Albert Einstein was 26 when he wrote the Theory of Relativity.
- Lance E. Armstrong was 27 when he won the Tour de France.
- Michelangelo created the two of the greatest sculptures “David” and “Pieta” by the age of 28.
- Alexander the Great by age of 29, had created one of the largest empires of the Ancient world.
- J.K.Rowling was 30 years old when she finished the first manuscript for "Harry Potter"
- Amelia Earhart was 31 years old when she became the first woman to fly solo across the great Atlantic Ocean.
- Oprah was 32 when she started her talk show, which has become the highest-rated program of its kind.
- Edmund Hillary was 33 when he became the first man to reach Mount Everest - the highest Mountain in the world.
- Martin Luther King Jr was 34 when he did the speech “I have a dream”
- Marie Curie was 35 years old when she got nominated for a Nobel Prize in Physics in 1903.
- The Wright brothers, Orville (was 32 year old) and Wilbur (was 36 years old) when they invented and built the world's first successful airplane and making the first controlled, powered and sustained heavier-than-air human flight.
- Vincent Van Gogh was 37 years old when he died and virtually unknown, yet his paintings today are worth millions.
- Neil Armstrong was 38 years old when he became the first man to set foot on the Moon.
- Mark Twain was 40 when he wrote "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer" and 49 years old for "Adventures of Huckleberry Finn"
- Christopher Columbus was 41 when he discovered the Americas.
- Henry Ford Was 45 when the Ford T came out.
- Charles Darwin was 50 years old when his book "On the Origin of Species" came out.
- Leonardo Da Vinci was 51 years old when he painted the Mona Lisa.
- Abraham Lincoln was 52 when he became president.
- Dr Seuss was 54 years old when he wrote “The cat in the hat”
- J. R. R. Tolkien was 62 when "The lord of the rings" books came out.
- Jack Lalane at age 70: handcuffed, shackled, towed 70 rowboats
- Sir Charles "Charlie" Chaplin was 73 years old when he became father
- Nelson Mandela was 76 when he became the President.
- Carmen Dell'Orefice is 82 years old, and still modeling
- Johanne Quaas is 86 years old gymnast.
I hope you've got inspired.
♥♥ Pinky Honey