Search This Blog

Wednesday, 5 April 2017

Midweek magazines: Permanent garden beds


Hello everybody.

A quote, to begin with: "Oh, gardening is such hard work!"

My friends: this is what I feel like some days.

I have a dream (and a Resolution number one, remember those?!). Back in time, I was sitting in front of the computer screen and made my list of things to motivate me. As it just happens, writing that "I will make a garden" seems to be the easiest part of the process.
Next part was getting the plans in action - and first on the agenda (since, there is not much to do in the actual garden, while it's frozen solid) was to think of WHAT it should look like when it's finished, one day - whenever it may be.

This is the most loose image of what I'd like my garden to be,
actually, this image shows the shape of the PATH 
that I would like to have - (one day)


Since it's Wednesday today, let us take a closer look at one of the articles that I have saved some time ago. It's from the Mother Earth News magazine, and it is correlated with my previous words.

Let's take a look:

.
.
.





There will be a LOT more of hard work before my garden resembles anything like the sweet image I'm dreaming of.
So, time is my ally. :)
.....
What are you all up to?
Marija 

6 comments:

  1. There's no such thing as sore muscles when one is dreaming and planning the garden during the winter.

    Your inspiration picture is very pretty. You might like this one that a lady in Las Vegas has. She grows an amazing amount of fruits and vegetables in her beautiful garden. Of course it helps that she lives in a warm climate so she is able to grow stuff practically year round.

    http://theprudenthomemaker.com/kitchen-garden/edible-landscaping

    We've had snow the two past weekends so no gardening yet for me. I haven't started any seeds either so I will just buy the seedlings when it's planting time.

    My daughter's getting married in June so I've been preoccupied with that and her bridal shower in particular on April 30.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are more than busy this year, dear Dawn.
      I love the ideas you've shared with me, and I do feel envious that she can manage growing plant all year round, because over here we're forced to make a break, since the ground is FROZEN.
      I am so happy for your daughter.
      It will be a great wedding!

      Delete
  2. Garden-wise? I've popped a few more plants into the flower beds. Nothing as industrious as you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on a "break" from gardening, since it's a strong wind outside. There's a lot to be done, but I'm taking it one step at a time.

      Delete
  3. Oh gosh, this puts me to shame!! I'll try and make a start this weekend, the weather's supposed to be nice. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to feel the shame.
      I have a HUGE area of bad dirt that I sometimes dare to call "garden" - and that is why I have to do so much labor.

      Delete