Search This Blog

Thursday, 23 March 2017

"Gardening? What are we to do?!" - I'll tell you.


Hello everybody.

By day seven, you're hooked. :)
(what is this? it's a continuing sentence from my previous post)
After the first few days of adjustment to all the hurts and pains of our winter-body while it's learning to cope (with bending, kneeling, dragging heavy load and so on) all is well. It will take another week to stop feeling like it's THE Apocalypse whenever it rains. :)

Let me give you some pointers:


First job to tackle if not done earlier (NOW is the last moment) is to give your roses spring hair-cut. If you have done a strong cut in late autumn, then this might not be necessary. Still, give those beauties a good check-up. All broken branches, and dried-up pieces should be safely removed by cutting with sharp pruning shears. You have a pair shears?
OK; to tell you the truth, some of the tools I consider an essential part of my kit might come pricey for someone who hasn't got anything to start with. I say: using old tools is not shameful. Any tool is good, as long as it's safe to use and in good shape.

Then: RAIN STARTS.
What to do?!

When it rains, our Gnomes are having a face-lift. :)

Some years ago, while I still lived across the street (with dad & mom) I adorned my mom's garden with a whole jolly family of these garden keepers. Even though I move them into the shed every winter, the seasons had their influence on mom's Gnomes. This winter I moved them with me, just to give them a little bit of fresh paint, and to return them o their own gardens.

And, here's what we can all do on March:


OK, then: 

.
.
.
.

let's put on some overalls,
roll up the sleeves and.. 
hope it does not rain. :)
Marija

6 comments:

  1. I love all the gnomes. I bet they appreciate the touch-ups.

    You look so cute in your blue overalls and red-and-white stripes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what they say: gardening is an adult's excuse to PLAY around. :)

      Delete
  2. Loving those overalls/dungarees - my gardening outfit of choice too! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed. I love them, so ergonomic.

      Delete
  3. You really suit your overalls! And the gnomes are looking pretty spiffy too.

    I put some new plants in over the weekend, so I'm hoping the weather stays good and the slugs don't eat my new plants. From now till about July is my very favourite time of the year, when everything's growing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much work to do!
      Every time it rains, I get so frustrated.. but I am aware that water is an essential for our gardens - so, let it RAIN!

      Delete