Search This Blog

Wednesday, 4 January 2017

Midweek magazines: When TIME magazine makes cakes


Hello everybody.

With all the winter holidays well behind your backs, most of you are getting back to your regular daily schedules, work spaces and day-to-day tasks. It's back to "usual" - but, not over here.
Since we are tagging along (for exactly two weeks), we are right not in the middle of pre-Christmas baking mania! I wrote about our traditions back in 2015, and I have given you an array of Sweet Recipes HERE, HERE and HERE (as a three-part series!). 
I am the over-taker of the making of sweets for the family feast; but mom still gets to hold the Title of the Official Česnica-maker - since she is the "mother" of the house (not that my brother OR me live in the same house, but hey..) :)

While I was reading some interesting recipes, 
I came across an article from TIME magazine
that just happens to deal with - cakes. :)





There is a sense of peace in watching the cake slowly rise in the oven. I do believe it has therapeutic value worthy of mention. Ever since I was a child, I loved positioning myself in front of the over and gazing through the "window" - to see the master-piece grow. As a child of wast imagination, it amazed me, in the sense of: what magic it must be! The amazement never vanished (even though, now I do KNOW the science behind the cake-in-my-over phenomena) :)
.......
How is this New Year going, so far?
Are you back in the regular-mode?
Marija

1 comment:

  1. My New Year is not going so well :-( There's a reorganisation going on at work, and I'm being affected. I'll probably say more once I know what's going on; for now I'm just really worried. I hope yours is much better!

    ReplyDelete