Search This Blog

Wednesday, 16 November 2016

Midweek magazines: Interest to women, from 1929


Hello everybody

It's like making lasagna: a layer of wind, a layer of rain - not my favorite dish. :)
Joke aside, we are clearly deep into autumn, and I doubt there's any more folks who post lovely pictures of golden leaves and sun's rays passing through the clouds - simply because those days are gone. There are no more leaves (part of me is saying "hooray" for not having to clear any of them from my back yard), and the sun's light grows weaker.
Still, there are many things to look forward to. For instance, as the weather changes, so do our habits. over here, our minds are pre-programmed to follow the weather pattern. When winter comes, our bodies no longer need that much time spent outside, and our minds work harder on getting inspirational things done. We do crafts (something we simply have no time for in the summer).

For today's post
I have prepared a little November's "for women" page
from back in 1929.


Canning and reserving is done, leaves are gone.. what else is there? Oh: my roses have arrived and are now in the ground, I have planted them under the artificial light, since the daylight run out on me (seems to happen a lot lately).
What have you been up to?
Marija

1 comment:

  1. I've got a fireplace! It's lovely. Apart from that, I don't feel like i've done much - I hate the lack of light at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete