Search This Blog

Thursday, 7 July 2016

Yellow shines with optimism, enlightenment, and happiness - yellow is a sponge-cake color.


Hello everybody.

It’s the color of happiness, and optimism, 
of enlightenment and creativity, 
sunshine and spring.

Yellow is the most luminous of all the colors of the spectrum. It’s the color that captures our attention more than any other color.
In the natural world, yellow is the color of sunflowers and daffodils, egg yolks and lemons, canaries and bees. In our contemporary human-made world, yellow is the color of Sponge Bob, the Tour de France winner’s jersey, happy faces, post its.

..
Yellow it the color of THE sponge cake!
Since I have realized that yellow it my Color of the Year, I have decided to share something interesting / yellow with you. A cake, indeed. Old-fashioned cake recipes have a special appeal to me. They produce outstanding results without relying on bells or whistles. You can’t go wrong with a one-bowl cake for it’s ease, quickness and impressive outcome. It’s a keeper. 
I believe everyone should have a good cake recipe at their fingertips they can count on should the need arise. 


Sponge case is as versatile as you are. It can be plain, it can have a "surprise" inside. It can be filled with a rich creme, it can be filled with berries. You can give it a colorful frosting, or you can sprnkle it with nuts before baking..

.
.
.
Brighten-up the office space, 
with a little dash of sunshine's color:

Sunny look for the sunny days of summer.

This is how the color yellow affects you:
  • Makes it easier to take decisions and think clearly
  • Stimulates the nervous system
  • Sharpens memory and concentration
  • Encourages communication

Yellow is the best color to boost enthusiasm in your life and can contribute with greater confidence and optimism.Yellow is also the entertainer, comedian and clown. It's making us SMILE.
....
Anyone else picked-out yellow?
Marija

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful cake recipe and outfit alike. I'm still on the fence as to what my b-day dessert will be this year. At the moment I'm leaning heavily towards (GF/EF) pineapple upside-down cake, but really haven't decided yet. Just two days left, I better make the call soon! :D

    Oodles of hugs & joyful birthday week wishes to you, my dear friend (and fellow "July baby"),
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you made the decision.. and tell me all about it.
      What's the recipe?
      Huge after-birthday hug to you, dear Jessica!

      MArija

      Delete
    2. In the end, the craving for another true classic called my name and I happily went for it: GF/EF chocolate cake with fluffy white icing and a big scoop of neapolitan ice cream on the side. It was nothing short of divine and more than enough sugar to hold me over until Halloween. ;

      xoxo ♥ Jessica

      Delete
  2. I like that pearl necklace you're wearing with your yellow top.

    I have to be careful with yellow - I have quite yellowy skin (possibly due to the bit of Asian ancestry I have), and if I wear yellow close to my face, it makes me look yellower and a bit ill. I keep it a bit further away, if I wear it. You look fab in it, though.

    I do have a yellow kitchen, and that's certainly a happy room...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank you, MIM!
      There are some colors that I don't like wearing. Back in the day, I wore BLACK a lot - but lately (especially in the times when I'm pale) it seem that the color makes me look sick-lish.
      My kitchen's first coat is sort of banana-yellow, but I might give it a second coat, to boost the joy more! :)

      Marija

      Delete
  3. My kitchen is painted yellow. It seems like many colors go with it, green, blue, red, that I can a nice variety in dish towels and the like.

    Mmmmm, now I want some cake. :-)

    I love your skirt. It's a very unique shape.

    ReplyDelete