Search This Blog

Wednesday, 15 June 2016

Burda Wednesday: April 1959, part V


Hello everybody

Moody weather, lots of work and some not-so-pleasurable medical conditions, that's what I chose to describe my current week (so far). none of these are a high-stress issues, and I'm not letting any of them get to me. No, no.. I prefer being happy, waiting for a blast of sunshine and doing all the activities I normally do (ignoring bandages on my legs - note to readers: do not EVER stay near the open fire - you will get burned)

I can't be stressed-out or upset
when it's Burda-time!

Apparently this keeps the family "breathless"

So, the "white washing is no problem, 
but the colored ones?"

Springtime in the kitchen!

Looks mighty good 

Oh, how friendly this table.cloth looks like!

A love story?!
Why not? We can never get enough romance.


Spot the ring on a "perla" girl! Nice one!

This company, named "NEFF"
have the "cooking passion since 1877"
(so said their website

I love that triangle cheese
..if you'd ask me this few years ago, I'd never state this
(I was not ale to digest cheese before)

Leaving me breathless - I have always loved
writing-desks and round-mirrors

Upper left corner,
there is a drinks-cart with large wheels
so adorable, so posh!


The editors have decided to 
publish "Great recipes" book.
(and it got translated to our language)


I have stumbled upon an amazing quote:
"The best things in life are nearest:  Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you.  Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life."  ~Robert Louis Stevenson

Have a nice day!
Marija

2 comments:

  1. That is one of my favourite quotes, both of Stevenson's and of all time. I'm a huge proponent of extracting joy from the simple pleasures in life (and for being grateful for such), and feel like these eloquent words sum that concept up so superbly.

    Many hugs & joyful wishes for the final weekend (so hard to believe, I know!) of spring,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a nice quote.

    I love the baby clothes. So sweet.

    That embroidered tablecloth is beautiful! I wouldn't have the patience for a project like that. Nor the skill to be honest.

    Your poor legs! I hope you aren't in much pain.

    ReplyDelete