Search This Blog

Tuesday, 31 May 2016

Snack Smart: LowFat double chocolate-chip muffins


Hello everybody

Here's a note on my thoughts lately:
Human beings come in all shapes and sizes. All of them are equally beautiful. All of us are equally gorgeous. The fact that only certain body types are featured on billboards and magazines is because the magazine editors made the choice to promote them.
We are not all born to leek the same, since we did not come from a production line, we have our own special features. Special. Not shameful.
Let's therefore love ourselves and treat our bodies well.

One important thing is: eating for our health.
Here's another healthy and tasty recipe:
Eat healthily, this will make feel better on the inside and outside!

Another note:
Look at yourself in the mirror without clothes. Don't look at yourself like you are your own worst enemy or a nightmare. There is nothing to be afraid or ashamed of. Pretend that you are standing next to yourself as your best friend. Find the aspects of your body that you like. There 's always something that you LOVE about yourself, concentrate on that. Keep THAT in mind for a while, let it become a part of you-- and then find another thing. And another thing, up until there's no longer anything you dislike about yourself. It will not come to you in a single day. That is a process that takes time. But, bare with it - take that ONE thing you like. Start from there.

***
You deserve to feel good.
Marija

4 comments:

  1. Those muffins look so yummy!

    Body acceptance is so hard with all the perfect photoshopped images we are bombarded with. I bet even the models have issues with their own bodies when they see their "perfected" selves in magazines vs. their mirrors. Some stretch marks erased here, a tummy flattened there, etc.

    Strangely enough, I am now more at peace with how I look now at the age of 56 and at least 70 pounds overweight than I was when I was in my 20s when I was a lot thinner. I don't know if that's because wisdom and confidence comes with age, or that now that I am in that "invisible" time of life for women so I don't feel the pressure to be hot and sexy anymore and a failure because I'm not like when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am yet to try these ones out.
      They do look great to me.
      I think you got a lot of things right, Dawn.
      Woman gets wiser in time. It's hard being so positive, when there is everything telling you that "you can do better" and "you should look like this". Everything. I swear, even a carton of yogurt has an "affirmative" message like "helps lose weight". I don't want my yogurt to be anything else but a meal!
      You, at your age - you can be whatever you want to.
      I think you are great (for what is worth) :)

      M.

      Delete
  2. What an appealing, wonderful sounding muffin. I've always greatly enjoyed chocolate and cinnamon together, even though it isn't a flavour pairing we encounter together all that often.

    That is so profoundly true about how there are countless types of beauty and that there is little sense in trying to fit into a rigid mold of such. I know for a fact that I'm not a stereotypical beautiful person and that my face differs a lot from most peoples' (as well as that I have, objectively very unattractive teeth), points that used to bring me much grief and stress, but I've worked diligently hard at self-love and self acceptance and I've grown older and now rarely have give them even so much as a passing thought. I'm honestly too busy living my life, being productive, dealing with my chronic medical conditions, creating a happy home, taking care of my pets, and myriad other things to focus on points that I can do little to change and which don't (save for my teeth, if I had the money to do so) even see as flaws any more. Quite the opposite, their just more of the awesomeness of what makes me, me. :)

    Tons of hugs & heartfelt understanding,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica, I think you are very pretty and you have a great figure. I guess we are the hardest on ourselves.

      Delete