Search This Blog

Wednesday, 18 May 2016

Burda Wednesday: April 1959, part I


Hello

Ahhh, the sweet smell of spring (at least on the pages in our lovely "Burda" magazine). Over here, we're still having some strange weather conditions. Actually, in the southern part of our country - there was SNOW two nights ago. Snow! In the middle of, what we used to call, "the Sunny May". I guess that's just Nature's moody nature :)

Let's leave the bad weather outdoor and 
inhale the Old Air of Fashion!

To begin with, 
a colorful and fruity dress!

What a lovely suit
(can be worn separately, it's no longer
a "must match" era)  :) 


Jewelry - a pinch of envy is what I felt
when I saw these brooches
I must make me something like that
...since I can EARN a medal :)

I'm guessing it's a study of fabric?!

Your letter
(aka: letters from the readers)

Your whites MUST stay white
(even if there's no one to see them) :)

Do you agree with me:
her face would look so different if the brows were a bit more natural?!

I'm not a fan of pointed shoes, 
since I have a large shoe-size.

A hip new model for April.
I give it a thumbs up.

...then I saw these!
Colorful! Bright! Fun(tastic)!

These are
"summer dresses with LOTS of charm"
I couldn't have said it better.

Oh.. this is like wearing a fine embroidery.

Stylish trimmings. 



I can not remember the last time it snowed in May over here. Some of the major fruit crops in the Southern Region are highly affected, such as raspberries. and plumbs. I feel the sadness for all of those folks out there who's families grow these delicate (and wonderful plants), and who earn the living from them - I can't even imagine what a shock they've must have felt when they've woken up to a snow-covered terrain.
What's the weather like at your country?
......
I'm leaving you with a quote, quite the suitable one:
“Pray don't talk to me about the weather, Mr. Worthing. Whenever people talk to me about the weather, I always feel quite certain that they mean something else. And that makes me quite nervous.” ― Oscar Wilde
Marija

5 comments:

  1. Oh, hoorah that the waist is back and the sack dresses are gone.

    I'm sorry to hear that the snow has had such a negative effect on the farmers in Serbia - farming is such a precarious business. Every August my mum grumbles about whether they've had too much or too little rain where she is (they never seem to have just the right amount!). The weather here is alternating between hot and rainy, so everything is growing well, though there was a little snow at the start of May - not in any regions growing tender crops, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray, as well.
      Shapeless garments really tent to be boring. It's like wearing a sack. I don't have anything about owning a dress like that (or two), but to see the entire magazine featuring only sack-wearing women.. not appealing.
      I can't deal with this weather.
      This morning - it's cold but sunny.
      We'll see what the day brings.

      M.

      Delete
  2. This issue of Burda is bursting with pretty dresses!

    The model with faint eyebrows would look better with natural brows. She's kind of creepy looking, like her face is a mask.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dawn
      (great seeing you here= - want some coffee? :)
      This issue of Burda magazine features some great fashions.

      M.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous warm weather fashions! I'm especially in love with the orange fruit print dress at the top of the post. I've been hunting for an orange or lemon print dress (or skirt) in my size and price range for years now and continually come up totally emptied handed. Various repro/pinup brands have produced ones that sound like they might do the trick, but they always seem to sell out in my size before I can get tho them. I'm thinking I might just have to save up and commission a seamstress to make one for me, with the right sort of patterned fabric, one of these days.

    Many hugs & happy wishes for these final days of May,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete