Search This Blog

Tuesday, 2 February 2016

Think wearing makeup doesn’t matter? Think again.


Hello everybody.

Wearing makeup is just as important as the outfit and shoes you pick out. In fact, studies have shown that wearing makeup (but not an absurd amount) increases people’s perceptions of a woman’s likability. Plus, makeup helps you look more polished, healthy-glowing and professional.
In this, third part, of the girl's Guide, we're being introduced to a proper way of doing makeup, of hte "when", "where" and "how much is too much" of it all.









The bottom line is a woman’s appearance simply must be appropriate for the time, the place, her role at work and her goals. It would be just as inappropriate for a female firefighter to rush to the scene of a life and death situation with long artificial fingernails, glamour makeup and perfectly coiffed hair as it would be for a female executive of a fortune 500 company to deliver annual earnings at a stock holders meeting looking as though she rolled out of bed, and put on a suit without brushing her hair or applying a little makeup.

.
.
.

As for me, the office-lady:

..and a suitable hairstyle called
"a mushroom on my head"  :)

Remember: makeup can be worn, but it will also fade and will eventually be taken off. What is left afterwards is the true color of the person underneath the makeup mask.

Marija

6 comments:

  1. Ok! This was great! I am so glad you posted this because just a few days ago I asked the husband what lipstick shade looks best on me. He said all of them! I know I know, but he's the only person around I have to ask. It says for blondes with gray eyes (but I have dark brown which is another one of my issues) use a light purple-red. I'm going to try this out! I think I have the perfect one from besame. Thanks a million for posting the great advice, I loved reading it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear Krystle,
      As a matter of fact, we should all ask men more often, for the opinion on the makeup. :)

      Delete
  2. Funny how back then they concentrated on lipstick as the appropriate makeup for teens. Nowadays and even as far back as when I was a teen 40 years ago, most young ladies start off with eye makeup and wait till they're older to bother with lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawn
      Back in the day, teens seem to lean more toward lips than nowadays - it's now all about the eyes .. and some eye-looks kind of scare me. Know that, not so famous: raccoon-eyes) :)

      M

      Delete
  3. Your red lippie definitely suits you. My must-wear is eyeliner, I never go without it for work (though I don't bother at weekends unless I'm doing something special).

    It's funny how the article doesn't really talk about eyeshadow - I wonder when that really became a 'thing'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mim,
      You and I combined are a smashing duo. You do eyes, and I prefer my lips... :)
      I haven't done research on eye-shadow, but I will...
      M.

      Delete