Search This Blog

Thursday, 11 February 2016

Morning: the advantage of early rising


Hello everyone

To all those of you out there, who read this blog regularity (or at least read my Sunday's posts), it is a well known fact that I am a Morning Person.



The very first thing I do is "that water thing" - drinking a glass of warm water first thing in the morning is an excellent way to get my body going. You want the water to be warm so that it’s not a shock to your system first thing in the morning. Some folks like adding lemons; by all means, if you have them - do so, it will help get your digestive system ready for the coming meals.
Second thing to do (in my opinion) is to stretch your body, to give the world a "hug" - elongate your arms as far out as you can and inhale the morning's joy. It will get your blood running, and make your body realize bed-time is over.
Then more water. Cold water - for my face. I like to splash cold water on my face after morning cleansing. The chill in the water work two-ways: it closes the pores and prevents the facial skin from absorbing the environmental dirt particles (thus preventing my acne) and it's a great boost.

Have you ever wondered what would 
a lady from a days-gone-by
devote her morning to?







To conclude:


....
I love breakfast. It is my favorite meal of the day.
Some people warn of the dangers of having a big breakfast. On the other hand, there are those who advocate it. I have grown up in a home where breakfast was a "must"; before anything else. It's where to power comes from, it's the fuel for your body, and "You should never leave home without having your breakfast" - I can still hear the words.


With my breakfast on one side, I have my morning reading (and/or writing) on the other. I like to empower myself in the morning, to get in a good mood . That is why I never recommend reading news in the morning; surely there's much better choices (a friend's blog posts, your bible chapters, few pages of your favorite book or magazine...)
Then - a day can start. :)

.......................
Time is an essential of our lives.
You and I all know that there's that infamous "time is money" saying. But, time is much more than that. When properly planned out, your time can be your best friend.
....
How do you spend your morning?
Marija

8 comments:

  1. My weekday mornings are always the same: up at 6:20, shower, make tea, eat breakfast, feed the cats, put makeup on, get dressed, and be out of the house by 7:20.

    I love weekends when I can have a lie in! I'd be fine getting up at 7:30, but 6:20 is too early for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohohoooo..
      You're good at getting up.
      For many people, getting up before 7:30 is a struggle - but for me it's fine.

      M.

      Delete
  2. The morning routine is so important. If I start right then the rest of the day follows through. Lovely post darling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christina.
      I agree with you: it's how we set up our morning, that makes how we spend the rest of the day.

      M.

      Delete
  3. I used to be a morning person but several years ago I had a succession of devastating things happen and I couldn't sleep unless I was at the point of collapse which meant I didn't go to bed to 4 am sometimes.

    I have been unable to break the habit of staying up late. An early night for me is 1 am, more than likely I'm in bed between 2 and 3 am. And with those bedtimes I try to get up at 9 am. It's not uncommon that I sleep right through the alarm and find myself getting up around mid-day.

    I constantly try to get to sleep earlier but not much success yet. I would so love to be an early riser again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Dawn!
      My dear - I suppose you are struggling with sleepless nights. It must have been hard on you; because I know how hard is a night without sleep: for your body and your mind.
      Have you discovered what might help?
      I hope you get well soon.

      M.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your concern. At this point it's just a bad habit I can't break.

      Delete
  4. So true about avoiding the news first thing the morning. I would go so far as to add, in this day and age, social media, too (save perhaps for Pinterest, and if you tend to follow positive people, Instagram), as they abound with stories that can shake one to their core and alter your mode for the day as well.

    Great post, my dear. It's fun to learn how highly you enjoy breakfast (dinner is my favourite meal, personally).

    Big hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete