Search This Blog

Friday, 15 January 2016

The backbone of beauty.


 Hello everybody

The start of the New Year is often the perfect time to turn a new page in your life, which is why so many people make New Year's resolutions.
Researchers have studied the worldwide phenomenon, and found the first two weeks usually go as planned. Then, people start making mistakes because they believe they’ve done so well — by having one too many cheat days after losing weight, for example. These treats open up a door to making more mistakes, and by February most people are already on the road to failure.
As for me:
You have probably realized that I haven't made any resolutions for this year - I'll just keep doing the same thing as I did last year, and it some changes need to be made, I'll work on that along the way. 
One of the things I always tent to improve, is my attitude towards self-care, proper etiquette and being on my own manners in every situation. For all of you out there, who are like me (leaning toward "old ways" of life), this will be an interesting little reading material. And, for all of you out there, who are new to this life OR are simple exploring the girl's lives in history - this will surely come in handy.

It's a grooming "how to" ladies!

















Here's the thing: you need to be kind to yourself.
Real behavior change is hard.
There are days when you will succeed and others when you will fail. On the days you fail, treat that as an opportunity to learn about what to do in the future rather than as a reason to give up.
..
It's a "work in progress" - and I'm looking forward seeing YOUR progress.
Marija

4 comments:

  1. Good old-fashioned advice everyone can use. Except for the bit about the girdles though.

    I really would've liked a class on this stuff back when I was a girl in school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, Dawn.
      So true, what you've wrote. Most of the thing DO come in as a pleasant and useful little surprise - not everything, but majority is still good-to-do.

      M.

      Delete
  2. My posture was terrible until I started going to dance class - with burlesque, we started out relearning how to walk or stand, and it has made a massive difference to me.I do slump at my desk though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mim,
      I must agree.
      Desk-job of this day and age is turning us into strange shapes. Never in history have men and women spent SO many time slumped - only once: back in medieval monasteries, those monks who transcribed and translated texts - and lace-making ladies.

      M.

      Delete