Search This Blog

Sunday, 24 January 2016

Love Story: A sailor's sweetheart


Hello everybody,

Every Sunday morning, I sit by my kitchen window and let my eyes set on the small front yard, as the rest of my body slowly gets in the "waking up" mode. Today, the yard is slowly getting covered with snow, and I'm smiling in content. The smile is not due to the picture of "winter idyllic" that is in front of me, but because I got ahead of it yesterday and now I'm grateful I had helping hands.
Yesterday, at this time of day, I was pondering on HOW in the world am I going to deal with the pile of fire-wood they brought on Friday and now lies in my back yard. Some of it was "manageable" by someone my size and constitution and I got to chop-them-up. Some were not, and I needed help.


Just after lunch, my phone rang; and the voices of folks I've helped back then, told me to get the teapot ready, and to unlock the front gate - since they are coming with their axes. :)

So, call me old-fashioned
but I still believe there's good in this world
and I still believe in romance
..let's take a look at another story:







.
.
I am sailing, I am sailing,
home again 'cross the sea.
I am sailing, stormy waters,
to be near you, to be free.

Rod Stewart said it right. 
I will not be sailing, but (by the looks of it) shoveling my way out of the house, to have a refreshing walk and get my healthy dose of coffee, news and local gossip.
....
Have a great Sunday!
Marija

2 comments:

  1. Aw, how super of people to come and help you chop your wood! I honestly do believe that what you give, you get back. Give away time, or love, or a thing someone desperately needs, and one day when you need it it comes back, with extra love and kindness on top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice your friends came to help you with the wood.

    I expected Jill to fall into the water when she was running off the ship in tears. I never would've guessed she would steal a little motor boat. lol

    ReplyDelete