Search This Blog

Tuesday, 5 January 2016

Have you got the nose for 1930s Hollywood? No, seriously.


Hello everybody

Oh, there is a sense of joke in this post.. but only in it's title.
For sure, I dug this one up due to the nose-drama I've had on the very first day of his year. The moment I fell, my only concern was "don't let go of the leash" - silly, but I care about not letting my dog's leash, even while there was no one out there (fortune has it, no one was up on the first morning of our New year..). The next thing that passed by my conscious mind was something about shaking knees and getting up; since I have a somewhat problematic knees, I always tend to them firstly. And only after those.. on a safe third place came the notion of:

"Darn.. I hope my nose is not broken!"


NOT broken
and healing quite nicely!

Funny, come to think of it, the term "to fall on one's face" has a meaning -  to fail miserably, usually in a performance. In my case, the fall was an actual fact.. but in old Hollywood.. one's nose just might be the "thing" to make one get more movies made.

Take a look at this article;






.
.
.

..and, that green-and-white thing 
I wear in the image at the beginning..

.
.

That is my new (vintage) dress;
I finished working on it last night, so..
officially the first one of the make-do&mend for 2016

Have a great day
....stay off your noses! :)
Marija

7 comments:

  1. How nice to see Colleen Moore mentioned - she was the first flapper superstar, and is a real favourite of mine.

    It's also good that your nose is healing nicely and not broken. And your dress is lovely, I admired it on Instagram. Great colour on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mim,
      Seeing Colleen is great, since she is my hairstyle inspiration. :)
      My nose is all fine, now.
      Not even a trace of pain.

      M.

      Delete
  2. Your dress is very pretty and flattering.

    Wow, noses were a serious subject back in the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawn,
      Imagine my surprise when I spotted that the "nose job" was a big deal way, way.. back then. It is, as it just happens, the matter of "making it in the business" if you had the proper features. Nothing has changed.

      ..
      Thank you for your kind words about my dress.

      M.

      Delete
  3. Thank goodness that you were not seriously injured (be it your nose and/or anywhere else on your body), my dear friend. I'm certain that experience was unpleasant and nerve wracking all the same. Things like that leave one unsettled (or so I find at least) for quite a long time and make you even more caution of your steps in the future.

    Sending gentle hugs & tons more merry Christmas wishes your way!
    ♥ Jessica

    *PS* Fabulous article find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica,
      Your words help. :) As it just happens, I like to turn everything upside down. so, when I came to work (looking swollen, still) and my colleagues asked me about what has happened; I explained:
      We all fall down - some emotionally, some morally and some quite literally. I've done my falling for the year. :)

      M.

      Delete
  4. What a cute blog u have I'm very glad u r ok

    ReplyDelete