Search This Blog

Friday, 18 December 2015

Shortest post, easiest recipe. Ever.


Hello everybody.

As the title states, this is indeed my shortest post, but it's not because I don't have the time.. it's because the recipe I'm sharing it the shortest and easiest EVER.

I made it last Saturday..
You all know what this is?


Meringue!

Let's make it, shall we?
Use leftover egg-whites, and be proud of yourselves for not wasting food, embracing simplicity and for  being frugal. Easy as one, two, tree.
One: Take 3 whites of an egg. Start mixing it with a pinch of salt. I use hand-mixer, because I prefer having the control over everything that I make. When it's puffed-up a bit add sugar as you mix.. and mix..
Two:  You might consider turning on the TV before you start, and watch some series as you mix. Do not hurry this up, great things take time! Mix for at least 15 minutes. No, it is not too long. If you're like me, you don't have a pastry filling tools, so just spoon out the cookies onto your cookie tray (cookie sheet makes everything easier to clean afterwards!)
Tree: Put it in the preheated oven, at 150C (let me convert that for you: 300F) and leave it in for an hour. Then turn the oven off, open it up and let meringue cool completely. 

(I said it: great things take time.. but they are worth it)

Only thing wrong with it:
it disappears  from the plate withing seconds! :)

I must admit something: out off all the recipes I've shared over the years I've been here, and out of all the cookies and cakes I've eaten in my life.. meringue remains my favorite one. Nothing is better than that simple blend and strong spike of sugar rushing 'round my blood.
..
Have a great Friday!
Marija


8 comments:

  1. I'm not great at making meringues, though I'm getting better. In my house, that's my husband's job! (He can't make pastry, so pastry is mine.) Yours look really excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mim,
      Nothing bad a hubby making sweets. As a matter of fact, let me tell you this: I am yet to meet someone who's failed at following these steps.
      Folks have failed at making meringue - because they are not patient. That is why the main ingredient in this recipe is TIME.

      M.

      Delete
  2. Your meringues look as fluffy and light as clouds. I didn't realize they were so simple to make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, doll.
      I've said it: it is EASY, only thing you need is time. I'm sure (unless you have some allergies) you will enjoy this.

      M.

      Delete
  3. They look delicious its no wonder they were eaten so quickly! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Wendy,
      You are right about that.
      There's nothing stopping them from melting away in seconds.. and then one must ask for more. :)

      M.

      Delete
  4. Yum!!! What delightful, airy looking meringues. Prior to developing an egg allergy several years ago now, these were a Christmas staple for me as well (especially a version I used to make with maraschino cherries).

    Have a super sweet holiday season, my dear friend!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, doll.
      I will do my best to spend my holiday in peace (at lest that I can do). I don't guarantee there will be a splashing fun and a lot of commotion going on - since most of "fun" and "commotion" happen when you spend money on one outing.. not something I can afford this year.
      I chose my priorities..
      I have no regrets.

      M.

      Delete