Search This Blog

Thursday, 31 December 2015

Can you sum-up your year in just 6 words? I did. :)


Hello everybody

I discovered a phenomenon called the Six-Word Memoir Project, an endeavor of Larry Smith, creator of Smith Magazine, in which readers submit six-word entries on a variety of topics. 



In this case, as a reader, you have six words, of your choosing, to use in crafting a statement that best captures the essence of whatever topic is the subject of the memoir. Since we're at the end of the year, our memoir project this time is Your Year in Review. Looking back over 2015, how would you best convey your experience of the past year using only six words?

"Never ending series of office parties" is one way to sum it up. :)

You can make it about your personal life, choose to make a statement about the world in general and your observation of it, comment on politics, the economy, the elections, etc. What aspects of this past year stand out for you?

As for me.....
When I reflect on my own life this past year, in many ways it's far better than I imagined it would be, even though it looks little like I imagined it would look. The older I become, the more I appreciate, and am truly grateful for, the simple things in life.

.
.
.
So, here is mine:

New house, bob, dresses and Šarka.





How about you?
What did this past year boil down to for you?
...

That is it.... for this year!

.
.


Before the calendar turns a new leaf over, before the social networking sites get flooded with messages, before the mobile networks get overcrowded by people sending their midnight "xoxo"'s .... let me take a quiet moment out to wish you a wonderful, happy, healthy and prosperous New Year.

Marija

5 comments:

  1. Two steps forward, one step back.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Dawn,
      This is a great choice of words.. a bit cautionary, but great!

      M.

      Delete
  2. What a cool idea! Hmm, hard to say. As you demonstrate here, there are so many possible sets of six words that could work when describing 2015. Off the top of my head, the ones that spring to mind first for me right this moment are "Busy, unexpected, fun, productive, exciting, fast!".

    Happiest wishes for each day of 2016, my beautiful friend!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica,
      There are, indeed, lots of ways to put this together - it did not took me long, because those ARE the strongest things that put a mark on my life.. in 2015 a lot has happened to me - biggest dreams have became a reality.

      Great hug!
      M.

      Delete
  3. You had a jolly stylish 2015.

    It's hard for me to sum up 2015 in six words. Loss, sadness, struggle back to happiness. I guess. Things are looking up now, but I'm glad 2015 is over!

    ReplyDelete