Search This Blog

Friday, 6 November 2015

So much fog, I should sing about it.


Hello everybody.

When words seem not to be enough to describe what is around us, when we can't find a way to let folks share the feeling of autumn.. we share images, like this one:

So, THIS is what's it like over here:
the heavy air, the deep fog, 
the strong sense of winter's approaching

October extinguished itself in a rush of howling winds and driving rain and November arrived, cold as frozen iron, with hard frosts every morning and icy drafts that bit at exposed hands and faces.” 
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

.
.
.
.

Will you let me be poetic?


Enjoy Friday - in all it's glory!
Marija

7 comments:

  1. Happy Friday to you too! It's been foggy here, but it's rainy at the mo. I think I'd rather have the fog back! I love your shot of the monument in the mist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mim.
      I must agree with you: fog is still better than rain.

      Marija

      Delete
  2. I quite like that poem, how evocative! It has been terribly misty here too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MY dear,
      It is an emotional poem, I suppose the weather makes me moody like that. When in Europe, one can never miss out on a foggy day, right?

      Marija

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful photo, its been allot like that in England the last week there is something I find a little magical about it! Also what lovely quote that poem is not one I have read before and it is beautiful, thank you for sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear.
      The foggy mornings are something natural and normal for these areas. So, why not celebrate it with a photography? :)

      Marija

      Delete
  4. Fog like that, thick and alluring, is a bit like a visual poem unto itself, so it seems extra fitting that you paired these elegant words with the grey, mysterious landscape of a foggy November day.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete