Search This Blog

Sunday, 1 November 2015

Love Story: Romance Cottage


Hello everybody

I hope you've had a great Halloween, that your candy-hunt was a successful one; but try not to overdo eating of it, as it seems to go straight to your belly and rear; and then your dresses just might become one size too small for you to get into. :)
Last night, the younger generations had one of those parties under masks. I was not in the mood to go, for couple of reason. One being that I frequent get that spiky comment "where's the party" - regarding the way I look. Second one being: on the night of an actual party, folks tend to twist the look (similar to mine) into something unnatural, vulgar and plain wrong (I refer to those silly "WWII nurse in a tight mini skirt" and "Flapper with enormous cleavage" costumes) - and later on I get asked why don't I ever look like that. 
What answer to give when asked that?! It should become obvious that a clothes that is worn every day is not a costume, and when someone look in a same way every day they are not playing around.

Oh, well..
We won't let that bother us.
No, no: we will enjoy a lovely romantic story..
..right now:







Some days, THIS is the type of story that we need: heartwarming, light, with just a hint of sharpness and a lot of loveliness to get our romantic mood going..
...

To all of you out there celebrating, I wish you a happy All Saints day!
(for the rest: happy Sunday!)
Marija

6 comments:

  1. Ann had the best reason ever to burn dinner. No one could fault her. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawn,
      I couldn't agree more. Dancing with the "special" one - the best reason to forget the world.

      Marija

      Delete
  2. Happy Sunday to you too!

    It sounds as though there are some awfully rude people where you live. Years ago, when I had blue hair, I got rude comments, but nowadays, none. Of course, I am older - for some reason people seem to criticise young people more. Maybe once they are used to the way you look, people will just accept it and not comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Mim...
      I can't say they are rude, they simply fail to accept difference. I'll get to them, slowly :)

      Marija

      Delete
  3. So very true about about vintage not being a costume when it's one usual attire. That's a point that I think many folks the world over who don't dress outside of the standard norm of their country fail to understand. I run into myself sometimes, too, and always enjoy the reaction - either approving awe or bemused shock - well I tell them that I dress this way (in vintage) all the time.

    Big hugs & joyful start of November wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You picked the right words.
      So many folks mistake everyday wear, for a costume (sometimes on purpose?) and don't think much before they let their words out in the air. Braving it out every day is a massive thing.

      Marija

      Delete