Search This Blog

Friday, 16 October 2015

House is a home: Ranger A-frame Cabin...


Hello everybody.

Today, we have officially landed, drove home, slept, dress up, put on my makeup and headed to work (ah, and it's not even 9 AM).  Every time I get back home I have the same feeling of gratitude and pride, because there is really no place like home.
With that in mind, I have dug up something for you.. and I'm posting the last Leisure Home in my "arsenal". It sounded suitable for the occasion.



Framework of this house reminds me of the tent, and gives the impression of being on a outdoor expedition. In my opinion, this type of leisure home would suit most destinations, since it's looking relaxed, subtle and blends well with any natural location. 


It's inside is, to my liking, minimal and open. There a sense of friendliness in open spaces, where everyone can see everything, and where all the people stay connected. As I think about it, it's something quite antique in this way of organizing a home: remember how, way back in time, they used to all gather around fire place and dwell in one large space - well, we are bringing back that concept, because I thing it's making the house feel more like home and get people closest to one another.
..
Have you got any option on "open space" architecture?
I would love to hear your say.

.
.
.

Before I leave,
here's an interesting mix of old and new in Brussels


Enjoy Friday.
Marija

6 comments:

  1. I need walls in a house as otherwise I'd have nowhere to store all my books! Can't do without books...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes...
      I guess that you would need walls for shelves... but, one does not need too many books in their vacation home.

      Marija

      Delete
  2. I love the old articles about vacation homes, many were designed as DIY and you could buy the plans.

    Whenever I see these articles, I wonder how many people built them and how many are now left.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Dawn,
      I don't think that for a large number of people having a single home back in those times, was quite the effort. So, only the lucky few percentage of the population could have that dream house in the mountain or on the sea side.

      Marija

      Delete
  3. Can I please move in right now? I've always been deeply drawn to the idea of a cabin in the woods, but the older I get, the more I literally pine for one to be my abode. Will it ever happen? Who knows! For now I just count my lucky stars that I have a tree covered hill and creek directly across the street. That constant interaction with nature is vital to my happiness and well being - as it should be for everyone.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He-he.
      Surely, you can move in any time.
      I know the feeling of need to be close to nature - and I am truly blessed to be in a small town. Some days I miss the advantages of city, but for most of the times, this feels like a life-long vacation.

      Marija

      Delete