Search This Blog

Monday, 14 September 2015

When apples reign


Hello everybody.

Are you a kind of person who firmly believes in "an apple a day"? 
If you are, then you'll love this little article that I have found in "Farmer's Wife" magazine, published back in October 1932.. it's ALL about apples.


Now, I hope you're getting more and more inspired, because the apple season is truly coming our way, and we should use this amazing fruit in as many ways as possible.
Have a great evening (well, here it's evening)  
Marija

4 comments:

  1. I love apples! I can eat them now all my dental work is finished.

    I like to make them into a salad with carrots and walnuts. It's so easy, and tastes great. I just squeeze a bit of lemon on the apple chunks to stop them going brown. I do like them in a crumble too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SO glad you can eat this divine fruit again,Mim.

      Delete
  2. Yum!!! I madly adore apples and flock to the local orchards this time of year when they're in season. Kooky though it is to our modern tastes, I must say, that lemon Jell-o, apple and beet salad is rather intriguing. I could see it being a really refreshingly compliment to grilled meats.

    Thank you for sharing these great vintage apple recipes with us, sweet dear.

    Have a stellar weekend!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. My apple trees in the garden are nearly ready to be harvested ! Mmmmm...apple pies and apple crumbles!!! I can smell them baking already :) Paddy.

    ReplyDelete