Search This Blog

Sunday, 27 September 2015

Love Story: Face Value


Hello everybody.

I have for you a chilly-but-sunny Sunday greeting from Brussels. I still haven't braved out the cold, and went outside, because I'm playing "tourist" and having a slow morning. 
That's something I haven't done in  a long time. Usually, by this time, I've done some housework, and headed out to do my Farmer's Market visit (truthfully, by this time back home, I'd be done with market, and having Sunday's dose of coffee & chat in our local coffee shop).

Here's a story that starts out quite rudely. It proves that there are (and, sadly, always will be) people who are shallow, materialistic and oriented solely on physical appearance of a lady.

Take a look:









Remember: this was printed back in 1950s, and plastic surgery was something of a phenomena. Seeing a story like this, tells a lot. This was a way to address all the gals out there thinking that a little bit of "surgical assistance" can make their lives sparkle, heal their hearts and change the way people treat you. I wonder: what is the way we can, nowadays, address this SAME issue to younger generations out there.
...

Have a great Sunday.
Marija

3 comments:

  1. Hmm. I don't like my nose, but I've lived with it for 41 years so I reckon I'll stick with it. (Plus I'd rather spend my money on travelling and fun!) It's sad when people think they have to look a certain way to be happy and appreciated. That's one of the reasons I put pictures of myself on my blog - I'm ordinary, and hopefully it will make other ordinary people feel more confident in themselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Mim..
      I know what you're saying.
      There seem to be so many parts of our bodies that we can dislike, and TV makes it even harden not to see the lumps, bumps and "stuff to be fixed". But, at the end: it's US, it's our bodies.. and just like you've said: I lived within this body for my whole life,. there's no other "home" for me.. so I darn love it!

      Marija

      Delete
  2. Could you imagine someone saying nowadays - outside of certain types of adult literature perhaps - that they needed to be talked to roughly? Granted we all have times in our life when such is objectively true, but as to a character being grateful for it in a story or movie today, that is another matter entirely.

    Big hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete