Search This Blog

Thursday, 17 September 2015

Door opened, smoke in the room cleared just a bit and... enter: red-head!


Hello everybody.

You’d find it easier to be bad than good if you had red hair,” Anne of Green Gables famously remarked. “People who haven’t red hair don’t know what trouble is.”
Some of you have seen a photo I've posted last night, it was a rather simple, yet intriguing snap of a box of hair color. A copper color.

INTENSE COPPER is the name.
(no, I am not payed by Garnier to make this post)

As I've said to some of the ladies out there, who dared to switch their hair color drastically. I was tempted. MY temptation peaked yesterday, as I gave myself a good look in the mirror, and the gal looking back had something to say. She said "It's time we change something". I listened.



As a child my hair was so pale, light and perfectly golden blonde that one could easily think I was a little German girl - as they DID once, when we were at our holiday, on the seaside. 
By the time puberty started my hair has changed (alas, lot more than hair has changed, but I'll write about the "face issue" some other day!); and the change led me to some shade of gray - so unfortunately named "mouse hair" over here; so humiliating. 
The first color I ever selected was a lovely shade of honey - that proved to be a rather poor choice and made my face look dull and tired. So I went on a blasted my head with red. I was a red-head for a long time.. up until that sad event back in January 2014 (you can read about it over HERE), after which I've moved to some more "peaceful" tones: the light blonde and hazelnut.

.
.
.
.

The time has come to bring the red-head back:
.
.
.

YES, it's copper.
INTENSE copper. :)

I wonder: what say you?
Do you have any hair stories yo'd like to share?
Marija

7 comments:

  1. Copper hair is great! The colour really suits you.

    I had black hair from the age of 18 till about 30, when I dyed my hair pastel blue. :-) I got a lot of verbal abuse in the street about the blue, which made me sad - it's a lot more common nowadays, but 10 years ago very few people had blue or green hair. Since then I've mainly veered between chocolate brown, red, and my natural 'paper bag' brown.

    I can't wait for it to go grey, so I can have blue hair without having to bleach it first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK you sweetie!
      You know, I can not imagine you with dark hair.. it would be too much "drama", as you have a lovely pale face (yes, pale faces are lovely, because they are so delicate).
      Ohhhh, I'm with you on gray hair - I love to look at those "fancy" gray hairs with some blue tint to them.. those ladies are flaunting some style!

      Marija

      Delete
  2. Marija,
    That shade of red looks so terrific on you! I LOVE IT. Bravo on 'taking the plunge' and going for it, you look great!
    Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny,
      Thanks for stopping by... and THANKS for the kind words. :)

      Marija

      Delete
  3. The color looks very nice.

    I read your link and I never knew you had a thinning problem and needed a wig. You have your real hair now, right?

    Bangs or no bangs, you look pretty cute either way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Dawn.. yeah..
      I do have a thinning problem. And I have had a hair loss (more than once!), and have shaved. This now is my own hair - and I'm enjoying it as long as it lasts. :)
      Thank you for your kind words.

      Marija

      Delete
  4. Very, very pretty hue! Granted I might be a bit biased, but I utterly adore red hair and thing (bias aside :)) that this warm, autumn perfect hue looks marvelous on you, my sweet friend.

    Tons of hugs & happy end of summer wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete