Search This Blog

Wednesday, 23 September 2015

BURDA Wednesday: June 1958, part I


Hello everybody.

Today's Burda fashion comes from foggy Bruxelles. I'm prepping myself for a day out; no conferences or meeting scheduled for today; so I am free to explore. My plan for today is a visit to lovely park near Atomium; due to it's size, I'm sure it'll take most of my daily time.

But, before, let's see
what did our Burda staff left for us back in time:

















Pardon my lack of words.
I'm wrapping this up and heading out - my colleague needs a sugary food and I need a walk, so I volunteered to brave out the weather and go to a local shop.

Have a great Wednesday.
Marija

6 comments:

  1. Enjoy the first day of autumn and your mini-vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great issue! So many pretty dresses.

    And how nice to see wedding gowns where the bride doesn't look like she's about to pop out of the top of her gown if she moves the wrong way. Can you tell I'm sick and tired of the oh-so-common strapless wedding gown of today? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Dawn,
      You are right: this edition is packed with amazing dresses. Even the brides look adorable (spoken by someone who does not plan for a dress.. or a cake) :)

      Marija

      Delete
  3. Wow! The pleats on that 'hochzeit' dress are a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I say.. the same thing.
      First time I saw it, I said it must be a precision cutting..

      Marija

      Delete
  4. The detailing on the waist of the first dress is head turningly stunning!!! The artistry that went into fashion back in the day never cease to amaze and inspire me.

    Big hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete