Search This Blog

Friday, 14 August 2015

Garden Guide, WWII leaflet: August


Hello there!

I almost forgot about our monthly booklet!
Forgive me, please.

My dear friends.. more than half a year has passed and it's evident that that old saying is right "time flies". We're almost half way into august - my old folks used to say that "comes second part of August, woods for winter must be under roof" - meaning: get your harvest done, it is time of the glut and the time to roll up the sleeves!











Take good care of your produce, my friends. This is the month for it's growth, it's blossoming, it's fruits.. but bare in mind, that this is also THE month for insect attacks, mold, bacteria and possible storms )in our region August's storms are the "crop killers"). So, make sure you watch the weather, water (but not too heavy) and enjoy the fruits of your labor!

Have a great day.
..and have a great weekend!
Marija

2 comments:

  1. It's wet here so I hope I don't get tomato blight. All I'm growing this year is tomatoes (well, and herbs and apples, but they take care of themselves) and they've just started to ripen.

    Will you be goriwng much in the garden of your new house?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's borderline unnerving how quickly this year is whizzing past! I can hardly believe that we're little more than four months away from Christmas. How can that be? Thankfully we get to enjoy that brief treat that is autumn first. There's no way I'm ready for mountains of snow again!

    Tons of hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete