Search This Blog

Wednesday, 12 August 2015

BURDA Wednesday: April 1958, part II


Hello there

I know this will sound repertory, but we are still in midst of a heat-wave. Without any doubt I have to tell you: it's officially drought here. The landscape turned into fields of dust, and when a light breeze does happen, the cloud of dust gets lifted and rolls over our plains..

Let's think yžabout something else,
here's a fresh issue of Burda:






















I hope you've enjoyed this colorful edition.
Have a great mid-week.
Marija

5 comments:

  1. I hope cooler weather and some rain comes your way soon.

    I love the dress with different colored striped tiers. I miss Eyebrow Lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Dawn
      I hope for some rain, too. It's much needed here, since our crops now depend on it.
      As for the fashion - to tell you the truth I could not make a choice, there are just so many of the lovely dresses in this issue. :)

      Marija

      Delete
  2. *Sigh* So many nice dresses! The blue striped one is my favourite.

    That little jumper with the pointed collar looks very 1930s in style to me - in fact I've got a 1930s pattern that looks somewhat like it. Funny to see it in a magazine from 1958, I'd never have guessed it was from then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - so many adorable items.
      Come to think of it, I have to say you're right about that. The elements of the knitting look much more like 1930s than what I might assume belonged to 1950s. Maybe it's one of those "reuse the old pattern" things.

      Marija

      Delete
  3. Ravishing warm weather fashions this time around. That blue full floral print skirt is simply breathtaking!!!

    I hope that you're doing well and having a great week, my very dear friend.

    Tons of hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete