Search This Blog

Thursday, 23 July 2015

My little cookbook, part I


Hello everybody.

Without any intention to actually post about cooking and kitchen, I have stumbled upon this little booklet (while searching for interesting ideas about pantry organization - blame the beginner) :)
The book is child-safe, but I think none of us would be harmed by taking a closer look. Even if we do not learn anything new from these images - it just so adorable.

I've split it in two.
Today, we're looking at Part one:















See?
I've told you it's worth a while. Nothing may be learned from here ..but I'm the first to admit that I haven't got anything like this as a child (no home economics class in my country, it was canceled few years before I started school). To me , this is a precious gem, and there's no shame in letting you know that I find this to be a studying literature.
..
How about you?
Have you, at least, enjoyed the puzzles?
Marija

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the puzzles, certainly! It's so good to have things like this for children and home economics, as well as other important subjects such as cursive and probably reading real books, is being taken out of schools over here. i'm not sure why these subject wouldn't be important but I'm not going to get into all that because I could ramble on like a crazy soap box bellower. I really did enjoy the little cookbook, can't wait for the next part! Additionally I thought the letter writing instruction was brilliant because that's something nearly lost to the world as well!
    -Krystle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The puzzles are fun, but some of the recipes are very odd... we don't get concentrated fruit juice here, so the thought of buying grape in a tin is intriguing.

    I didn't enjoy home ec at school. My mum couldn't always afford the right ingredients, and my teachers weren't very nice about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun find! The illustrations reminded me of those in some of my earliest school workbooks when I was a small child, as they were published in the 70s and 80s. I think books like this are really important for introducing youngsters (of both genders) to the fun and joys of food and cooking. I don't see as many produced these days and that's a shame. Thankfully though vintage lovers like us always know that we can turn to the pages, quite literally in this case, for help and resources there! :)

    Big hugs & joyful weekend wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a fun little cook book. I enjoyed reading through the simple recipes and giggling at the illustrations.

    ReplyDelete