Search This Blog

Wednesday, 10 June 2015

Burda Wednesday: November 1957, part II


Hello everyone.

Last week, I had this posted too late. Today, I'm making sure we're right on our usual time-table. You are used to your BURDA, and I should not be late with providing it.

Weekly dose of fabulous fashion, shopping ideas and a few bits 
of social history start right now:

What a perfect makeup!
I love the fuller brows and the tiny wing on the eyes.

Thinking that silver is to "astronaut" for you?
Think again.

Everyday wear.
Notice how the coat is not longer than the skirt
..that's something for me to consider...

Well, hello there, sir. :)

Absolutely wonderful page!
(what?! just because I've got a puppy
does not mean I lov my cats any less)

I don't know what these kids are al glittered-up for
(maybe a primapy school ending dance?)

Nope..
this is "trendy and nice dress for school"

"First encounter with snow"

I don't know the reason, 
but I find these three images so precious.
They show women's day - and, they are so ellegant.

"One sould wear a lot of red this winter"
I will not disagree with that.

Brokat.
In English: "brocade"

Brocade is a class of richly decorative shuttlewoven fabrics, often made in colored silks and with or without gold and silver threads. The name, related to the same root as the word "broccoli", comes from Italian broccato meaning "embossed cloth", originally past participle of the verb broccare "to stud, set with nails", from brocco, "small nail", from Latin broccus, "projecting, pointed".

The page for young girls
Apparently, Sissy is feeling comfortable in 
her favourite coat.

Hats are adorable.

Knit your joyful sweaters.

Ski-sweaters.

"Children's wishes come true"

A bright smile.

On the left side
"Scratchy throat"

Thier mommies made thosed lovely sweaters. :)

Cute kids.
Great shoes.
I like heels lika any woman, but when it comes to wearing shoes
I'll always go for a comfot over style.

What's new in the shops?


Unlike other days in the week, Wednesday brought a breeze and the air is heavier (therefore, easirer for me to inhale). It rained last night, not a heavy and scary.. but a slow and peaceful rain - but, until it started, there was no sleep. Some strane "vibe" was in the air; the vibe of rain-is-to-happen-soon that brings restless feeling into your skin, making it itch for no real reason.
Once rain started - everyone fallen to sleep.
...
Is it warm where you are?
Do you have that "-before-the-rain-itch" ever?
Marija

2 comments:

  1. They were clearly getting ready for Christmas with all those metallics. Brocade is such a lovely fabric.

    I hope Sarka and the cats are making friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gloriously pretty late 50s fashion - that almost brocade-ish looking skirt suit in gold and blue is knocking me off my feet. Love, love, love!!!

    Tons of hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete