Search This Blog

Friday, 29 May 2015

One day - I will serve you tea.. for now:; just a poem.


Hello everybody.


With tea consumption on the rise, more and more tea drinkers want to know about tea and caffeine. 
Here's a fact for you:
Many claim that green teas have less caffeine than oolong or black tea, and white tea has the least of all. Again, modern laboratory equipment is able to disprove this assumption. A majority of the teas that were analyzed contained around 55 mg of caffeine per seven-ounce cup, regardles the tea family.
Darjeeling black tea and Japanese sencha were almost equally caffeinated. But, one Chinese white tea yielded an astonishing 75 mg of caffeine, nearly as much as a extremely caffeine-rich Assam tea. 
Most tea drinkers would suspect those results from a hearty Assam tea (Assamica tea bushes can be 33% higher in caffeine content than Chinese varieties), but few would think a white tea would have such high levels of caffeine. Several tea horticulturalists believe caffeine is more concentrated in the unopened tea leaf bud where it serves as a bitter deterrent to hungry insects


And, now, as I've promissed you, here's a little children's poem that I found, and it's just so simple and adorable to read, that I have decided to share it with all:

IN the pleasant green Garden
We sat down to tea;
“Do you take sugar?” and
“Do you take milk?”
She’d got a new gown on –
A smart one of silk.
We all were as happy
As happy could be,
On that bright Summer’s day
When she asked us to tea.

"The thing we call a tea would taste just as sweet if we called it by any other name." said Juliet, from the ink of our dear Mr. Shakespeare.
...
Well then.. have a great Friday!
Marija

7 comments:

  1. What a sweet little poem. I can just visualize you in your pretty garden, in a floaty silk dress, on a sunny afternoon at tea time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear!
      And one day, truly and honestly, I shall invite you over.
      Sure, I live MILES away.. but, I'll still invite you. ;)

      Marija

      Delete
  2. Delightful! There is nothing better than tea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got that right, Gail
      It's a divine drink.

      Marija

      Delete
  3. I LOVE tea! I run on the stuff. I even have a little teapot on my desk at work so I can enjoy several cups while working.

    In Myanmar they eat tea leaves, pickled. I believe it's the only place where they do that. It's not bad, and the special dishes they have for it are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Mim..
      Never had I tasted pickled leaves, but I "never say never" in my life.
      You know I live far, but there's an open invitation for you; it you're passing by, don't be a stranger.
      I will do my best to serve you a decent tea. :)

      Marija

      Delete
  4. As the English dance band song of the 30s goes..."EVERYTHING STOPS FOR TEA..!" :)

    ReplyDelete