Search This Blog

Sunday, 31 May 2015

Love Story: I hunted for Love


Hello everybody.

If you've been looking at some of the Instagram images I've posted lately, you've surely spotted a funny-looking twig with a poor excuse of a leaf on top if it. That, my dear friends will (I hope so) turn into a large flowering bush:

Mahonia aquifolium
(what mine is looking right now, 
what it'll grow to be in spring - and what
it'll produce in the summer - hopefully)

It is an evergreen shrub growing to 1 m (3 ft) tall by 1.5 m (5 ft) wide, with pinnate leaves consisting of spiny leaflets, and dense clusters of yellow flowers in early spring, followed by dark bluish-black berries. The specific epithet aquifolium means "holly-leaved", referring to the spiny foliage.

The course in gardening is done - let's get back to the reason we're here: it's Sunday.. and I'm not giving up on our tradition. So, here's to love story...







I, for one, have never imagined a tiger popping-up in our Love Stories..
(my apologies to those of you who were affected by the 
image of this dear creature being killed)

.
.
.

Oh, have I mention that mahonia's are
bee-friendly bushes? :)

I can't wait to see this image in front of my home.
I doubt anything will ever beat the sight of nature's generosity and ingenuity .

Have a great day.
Marija

1 comment:

  1. Poor old tiger!

    There are mahonias outside my favourite cafe; a blackbird nests in them every year.

    ReplyDelete