Search This Blog

Friday, 8 May 2015

House is a home: Beach-Head Cabin


Hello everybody.

By the mid1920s Vogue magazine was telling its readers that “the newest thing for the sea is a jersey bathing suit as near a maillot as the unwritten law will permit.


It has been a while since I've posted one of our "House is a Home" series. Today, my dear friends, we are all about having some beach fun (hence the joyful photo.. and: it's Friday, so..) :)

Sit back,
Take a deep breath.
Imagine yourself outside, the gentle breeze brungs that delicate and salty smell of the sea to your face, the sun warms your eyelids.. 



.
.
.
have some much-needed summer vitamons in a glass 
(juicing is a "posh" thing nowadays)


.
.
.
  
and, it is NEVER too early to post
some sundae recipes (easy to make, no fussing about the leisure cottage)


.
.
Bathing is a sport 
Enjoyed by great and small 
In suits of any sort 
Though better none at all.
[Anonymous, 19th-century poem]

Have a great day.. and I hope we'll all have the time for leisure, and the space like this magnificent cottage to spend it in. Oh, can you imagine, that back in the day the folks had 3 weeks to spend on the beach?!
What do you say?
Like the idea?
Marija

4 comments:

  1. I cant wait for it to be warm enough for the beach! I do love a beach outfit! And an ice cream sunday is a must!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it, dear.
      And, if I ever get something like this - you're invited. :)

      Marija

      Delete
  2. Mmm, ice-cream sundaes! Those look very tempting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soon, Mim... soon...
      I'll start making them (but it's still spring and I like to wait till it's officially Summer to start the ice-cream season) :)

      Marija

      Delete