Search This Blog

Wednesday, 13 May 2015

Burda Wednesday: October 1957, part I


Hello everyone.

It's wonderful over here.
I admit it: I came to work early this morning, and everything is peaceful and quiet. No, I haven't came to "be the first one in" or to "start on important tasks" (as I do some days). Today, I came early because I got up with the first ray of sunshine - and that, my friends, is the best way to wake up. So, with mighty "Carpe Diem" in my mind, I walked the streets to work, bathing in the glorious spring sunshine and pondering about what makes life so great.
This quote tells it much better than any words of my own ever would:
As the years pass, I am coming more and more to understand that it is the common, everyday blessings of our common everyday lives for which we should be particularly grateful. They are the things that fill our lives with comfort and our hearts with gladness -- just the pure air to breathe and the strength to breath it; just warmth and shelter and home folks; just plain food that gives us strength; the bright sunshine on a cold day; and a cool breeze when the day is warm.” 
― Laura Ingalls Wilder, Writings to Young Women from Laura Ingalls Wilder - Volume One: On Wisdom and Virtues

Now that we have given life's greatnes some thought..and that we've set our morning cup of coffee (or tea). it is high time for some down-to-earth everyday work.. 
.
Since it's Wednesday:
.
.
.
Let us take a look at some amazing fashion

















I will leave you with another quote - quite suitable fr this mood I'm still in:
"The sun, the bright sun, that brings back, not light alone, but new life, and hope, and freshness to man - burst upon the crowded city in clear and radiant glory. Through costly-colored glass and paper-mended window, through cathedral dome and rotten crevice, it shed its equal ray"
--Charles Dickens "Oliver Twist"
Have a great Wednesday!
Marija

3 comments:

  1. The coat on the front cover is just gorgeous! And a leopard print faux fur collar, I'm in love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very wise words that echo my own feelings and thoughts on the importance of savouring and appreciating the simple joys in life through and through.

    Three happy cheers for another edition of Burda Wednesday, I look forward to them with genuine eagerness and excitement every week and love that you enrich the vintage blogging world with these awesome fashion filled posts.

    Tons of hugs & happy Thursday wishes, my lovely friend!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's carpe diem for me a lot at the moment, I love it! That rush of energy and idea that you can do anything you want this day, of what you could achieve if you put your mind to it!

    Love these old photos of inspiration, the cover lady is rather glam isn't she?
    x

    ReplyDelete