Search This Blog

Thursday, 9 April 2015

Profoundly. Lovely. Blog... PARTY!! ..and I was invited!


Hello everyone!

Some time ago, I was targeted - unlike something bad.. this little dart came from a friend (hello there, darling ~Jessica~ from Chronically Vintage!) and it came with an invitation.

It's Profoundly Lovely Blog Party time!!!

.
.
.


The idea is well known: you (in this case: me) have a list of questions that need your most honest, straight-from-the-heart and genuinely truthful answer.
The questions are passed on from those who have "targeted" (better said "tagged") you.. they too have left their answers on their lovely blogs..

.
.
.

So... here are mine.



1. Tell me about something you love and why?
It is now and it has always been: helping others. It makes me feel complete. There have always been a part of me that needs to be given to others, and when giving - I ask nothing in return. I need nothing in return, because (and this might come as a contradiction) the more I'm giving the more whole I feel.
And: life.
Took me time to realize, that more than a mere set of "this and that" - I love the "whole package", the whole chunk that I carry with me. But, in order to love it all, I had to make it.. lovable. So, I must admit: it's the process of making life the greatest one I'll ever have (it's the ONLY one I'll ever have) it what's worth loving.
Cats.
No reason. They are ever-present in my life. They are cute and cuddly. They eradicate pests. They have whiskers and fluffy paws. Their noses are pink... no reason whatsoever. :)

See: no reason for loving cats - it's just something
everyone's doing.

2. What is one thing you do that makes you feel like "I could do this forever"?
Cycling.
Wait, what?! Well, not only making those wheels turn, but more so: a feeling of absolute liberty on the open road, and the feeling of pure heart (and rested spirit) when riding through nature's paths.
Gazing.
I know - another weird one. But, there are days when I let my eyes set their "zone"away from this real world of ours and let the thought came to me. They may come like a raging swarm of bees, surrounding my every sense, making a havoc of ideas - and I enjoy their buzzing.
Eating apples.
There - I've said it. :)

Apples helped ease the suffing
in the Depression Era
(and they keep the doctor away)

3. What do you love about yourself?
This was, in my life's history, the hardest question that I have had to answer. I can name many things I do not like - but I will not. I stay away from such negativity. And THAT just might be the thing that I love about myself. I have learned in time (that is indeed a loooong process, my friends) to make one "step to a side" and, in a  spiritual way, stay away from my body. So, there I am, and I'm supposed to be stressed, frightened and/or negative (depending on the situation).. yet I am right next to that body - completely calm and content. I take a breath, see the situation from the different perspective and get back into this world. 
This has helped my public speaking. This has helped me when in some hardship. And this helps every time I have a Bad Hair Day. :)

There's no reason to stress out:
take a breath, review your options..

4. What advice would you give to someone who doesn't believe he/she is beautiful?
I say the same thing to every single soul that feels less loved, less important or less amazing. My words are "...and now ask ME what I think" - meaning - ask for a second opinion. 
We have a saying over here, it's funny one, it goes like this "Every pot has it's lid". Yeah, like that.. and what old folk were actually telling you is: no matter what you may think, there is always Someone who finds you to be the Light of their lives.

There is someone for everyone...

5. What is the best piece of advice you've ever received about confidence?
It goes like this: "People only see what you show them"
I'll repeat this: People ONLY see what YOU show them. 
Greet the room filled with gray faces with a graceful smile, and they'll cheer up (no one has to now about the truthfulness of that very smile you're showing). What ever you might feel, rest assured: no one can tell - because no one is inside your heart, and no one can see deeper than the lines on your face are. 

..as the picture said. :)

6. If you were your own daughter/son, what important things would you tell yourself/them?
Time heals.
Time makes you forget.
Time makes things go away.
Do not let your time steal your good memories.
So: every evening, before you get to sleep - remind yourself only of the good things that happens that day - let the night's shadows take away the bad ones. That will bring a smile on your face in the future, since you'd be able to remember so many more good things than the "regular" folks do.


7. A verse, poem, sonnet, ancient-old proverb that inspires you to love yourself and others?
This one has puched me when I needed it: "If the problem can be solved why worry? If the problem cannot be solved worrying will do you no good."

Lastly, time to nominate the ladies:
1. Tasha from By gum by golly
2. Mim from Crinoline Robot
3. Elsa from Elsa Lisa Larson
4. Bethany from The glamourous housewife
5. Lindsay from Miss Lindsay Lane
6. Laurence from Lost in 1950s
7. Gemma from Retro Chick

...Please, take time and reflex on these quiestions - and do let meknow if and/or when you have posted your answers.
Marija

4 comments:

  1. Sweet Marija, thank you very much for playing along. Your answers have so much thought and heart behind them, just like everything that you do. I adore your answer for what you love and want you to know how much I admire that about you. The world would be an infinitely better place if more people felt as passionate about helping others as you do.

    You are a truly beautiful, intelligent, thoughtful, compassionate, witty, amazing woman in countless ways and I feel so blessed to know you and have you as a friend - a friend that I now know even better thanks to your terrific PLBP answers.

    Huge hugs & the happiest of weekend wishes coming your way,
    ♥ Jessica

    *PS* That is so true regarding people only seeing what we show them. What stellar advice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blushing.
      Sticking my head into the sand like an ostrich.
      ....you are giving me way to many complements - THANK you.

      Marija

      Delete
  2. Hi Marija,

    Thanks so much for tagging me! You'll find the answers on my blog, soon!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, Lindsay
      I can't wait to read your answers. :)

      Marija

      Delete