Search This Blog

Saturday, 11 April 2015

Decorating booklet in full color: "The house we live in"


Hello everybody!

Boy, do I have luck sometimes!
I was looking up and down for some interesting coloring schemes in old houses (need I say why?); and out of the blue, in the sea of 19th century texts, was a gem. A shiny little booklet, completely filled with color, about color - and: in color!

...and, since tomorrow is our Easter, in the spirit of spreading goodness, sharing the love and giving things - I give you: "The house we live in" - 

...
(if you find these images too small, click on them - to see larger version)
...
























I can't leave this page, until I give you a quote:

If I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, 
I won't look any further than my own back yard. 
Because if it isn't there, 
I never really lost it to begin with.
L. Frank Baum, "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz"

To all of you celebrating today's Big Day I wish a Happy Easter, with a seasonal greeting: Христос Воскресе! Happy Easter.
To all of you not celebrating: have a great Saturday!!!!
Marija

3 comments:

  1. My word, these are breathtaking. I love a sense of classic design in my home decor and these all speak to that immensely. Sure, there are period appropriate details (naturally) at work, but there's also a timeless elegance and sophistication to them that is so enchantingly pretty and appealing. Fabulous find, sweet dear, thank you very much for sharing it with us.

    With all my heart, I wish you and your loved ones a joyful, sunny, splendid Easter celebration,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, dear Jessica.
      I think this little booklet has something for everyone. Painting ides (not only for those seeking true-vintage design), furniture and room setting ideas - and lots of color. :)

      ..

      THANK you for your lovely wishes.

      Marija

      Delete
  2. White lead may not crack, but I bet it won't do you much good! That's a lovely little booklet, though - stuff to do with decorating always seems so difficult to find, and all those colour pictures are such a rarity.

    (I'm a sucker for that 1920s/30s shade of celadon green. I love it! But don't have any rooms in my house painted that colour.)

    ReplyDelete