Search This Blog

Sunday, 29 March 2015

Love Story: Abandoned Love


Hello everyone.

"Oh, happy day!" are the words in a song. The same words are on my lips today, because I am feeling good. It's that spring's surge of greatness and "all can be achieved" boost. I'm loving it; and I let myself get tangled in it completely.

I'm back from the Market (I solemnly promise, I'll snap pictures of the whole event and post them here - so you all can see everything we here can get on a "Farmer's Market") - and then you will honestly believe one CAN get a chocolate Easter bunny, pair of good socks, plastic bottle cap, gardening gloves.. all in one place. :)
For now - it's just my promise.

"Cut the chit-chat, dear - they are here for a story!"
....and a story they shall have:










The image that NEVER gets old: girl sitting next to her telephone wondering about Certain Someone not calling her - sure, we've got cell phones (or what ever is that we nowadays call those "devices" we use) - but, yet: we still sit around, stare at it and wonder "Why is he not calling me?!"

.
.
.

In the spirit of "Braving it out", 
I'll show you a ghost from the past:


Yup, that's the same gal - only lots of years, weight, hairstyles (that IS a perm, yes), styling and life's lessons apart. Yet, still: the same gal. Yours truly.
Marija

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful lady in both images, truly. Isn't it amazing to look back on yourself and see how you've changed. On a day-to-day basis, for me at least, I find that one doesn't always notice how we change, age, grow, develop, and progress, but when presented with a photo from a few years (or more) ago, the differences are often night and day. I find myself marveling at home much younger I looked in photos from even just two or three years ago and am sure I'll do the same with today's snaps in a few more years. But, then, as now, I'll also stop to reflect, as you've done here, on the important changes and positives in my life that came with those years and truthfully, I wouldn't trade those things for the ability to look younger even if a million dollars were thrown into the deal.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , dear Jessica.
      I know I've changed, but the true magnitude of the changes can be seen only like this: in a head-to-head photography. To tell you the truth, I am a bit surprised. :)

      Marija

      Delete
  2. Hello, Marija. I just wanted to let you know that I enjoy your blog very much, especially these old romance comics and the Burda magazines.

    I am not a person for posting comments so you might not hear from me again, but I do like your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darling Dawn,
      It's good to know that I have readers (comments do make me happy, but not all folks are staying that long, right?) :)
      Thank you for stopping by.

      Marija

      Delete