Search This Blog

Monday, 30 March 2015

Hollywood is like Mars - a place where Ordinary People don't live


Hello everyone.

Today, I'm posting a rather up-to-date article on how we (the women) see them (the stars), and what was - and might as well still be, the general opinion on what a Hollywood lady's life is.
You will see here how little has our view changed from 1936, when this article was published. We still feel and claim that "...the Hollywood woman is relieved from many of the responsibilities of ordinary citizenship and tha, in fact, such things don't exist in Hollywood"

Please, take some time and
read this:



(After much considetaration I didin't cut this page out;
one can never have enought fashion)  :)

"They are out of scale. They are out of touch, these Hollywood women."

Tell me: what do you think?
Is there still truth to these words?
Marija

2 comments:

  1. Sure I'm not the only one who thinks that the term "over the card table" needs to come back into use in a big way? Would it though, objectively hold much relevance to the average person nowadays? Probably not, but it would fitting for us vintage gals at least. :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. :)
      Another amazing thing is to wenture into blogging - as I've started, and the year(s) passed, I have learned a lot. Not only about the area of my interest, but I have also picked up some phrases, too. Like the one we're mentioning here..
      You know - the matter of the fact is: WE here use the same term. :)

      Marija

      Delete