Search This Blog

Wednesday, 11 March 2015

Burda Wednesday: May 1957 - part I


Hello everyone!

For all of us out there dreaming about Spring's arrival, and for all of us out there hoping that the sun's joyful rays will fill the air with light - here's an amazing issue of our darling Burda magazine!


Never neglect your accessoires.
See how important they were?
I'm sure that thise little details are what makes the gal sparkle.

I knew this:
you can never wear a dress the same way without undergarments, 
than you can with them.
That's why they are called "shape-wear"

An intersting way to design a dress;
our "Model for May"
I love the wrath on her head.

All up for roses! 

Here's what it said: "Each summer's fashion gives us new lighe Imprime; and it's various patterns seem inexhaustible. Beautiful harmony is printed on the fabric. In this season, the inspiration in designing the pattern was the era of impressionists. The impressionism has become a household name  that awakens our imagination; and is much influenced by the beautiful and ignites the thoughts of lightness in color..."

"Imprime in silk and cotton"
I say: the color combination is so liberating and bright!

For all of you out there loving pastels:
"turquoise is the new color"

Gentls, mint-colored dress
Perfect for summer's day
(with a light carding - would do for sring, too)

Beach beauty!

The picture in lower left:
The playsuit, the hairstyle (and the shape of the body)
..I say YES to all. :=

Never, ever goes out of style:
Skirt + shirt

Wide, full circle skirts, and what we now call
"peasant" blouses.
To me, that sings "Holliday!"


.
.
.

Ladies, say 
"I do, I do, I do"  :)



Burda is mindful of men, too.
Back in the day, it was no shame to be a tailor
Actually, male tailors were amazing artists!

Yes to red shirt.
Umm, no to the one in the bottom.

Teens in the knits. :)

An interesting combinatin.
Great jewelery, and toned-down sweater-looking shirt.
(note the sharp fingernails)

We, by now, all know
what a "dirndl" is, right? :)

Playing with geometry.
I say "yes" to that game.

When spring came, even the false spring, there were no problems except where to be happiest. The only thing that could spoil a day was people and if you could keep from making engagements, each day had no limits. People were always the limiters of happiness except for the very few that were as good as spring itself.
― Ernest Hemingway, A Moveable Feast

Enjoy today.
Enjoy EVERY day.
Marija

4 comments:

  1. Oh my word, what gloriously gorgeous spring/summer fashions. I always melt for Burda posts, but do believe this is one of my all-time favourites thanks to the plethora of seasonally perfect clothes that I would wear in a heartbeat.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Without a single regret, I would buy most of the items from this magazine.
      That is the main reason I'm posting it.
      ...it's a crowd-peaser. :)

      Marija

      Delete
  2. So many lovely things... I think the embroidered dress next to the playsuit is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marvelous choice, Mim.
      That dress would do for so many occasions: it's suitable for an outdoor walk, it's good for an afternoon tea/coffee time with friends (or your significant other).. it can even be suitable for the office, if pared up with some tone-down cargigan and shoes.

      Marija

      Delete