Search This Blog

Sunday, 22 February 2015

Love Story: The Awakening


Hello everyone

Today's post is a pre-fabricated one.
It's written on Saturday evening, simply because I know that Sunday morning will not be a slow-motion kind of time. I have to get up early, as I often do - I never sleep longer than 7:30 AM on weekends.. (catching the morning's luck, that is).. but I'll probably be up some moments before that. 
Farmer's market is my first stop - as you all know by now: I need cat food. :) Now that I have two new cats, food is shorter lasting. Yes: new cats, a pair - I've taken them on from a woman who had a large litter, and could not manage them all.
Then it's baking time.
Baking takes time over here. Quite some time, actually. As you may have read in an old cook-book, the story of the "risen dough" is: knead it 'till your elbows burn, let is rise 'till it's doubled in size ..and by all means: take your time. :)

...as for you, I hope you'll enjoy this story:











Oh, yes: I'm making truly vintage doughnuts.
Marija

1 comment:

  1. Yum!!! I have been craving doughnuts sooo much lately! The GF, EF baked versions I make once in a blue are lovely, but they aren't quite as good as the real deal. Oh well! I'll still happily take them over nothing, as the real deal is never going to happen for me again. I was thinking of making doughnuts for my birthday this year actually, but we'll see - July is a long ways off and I'm sure I'll come across a zillion tasty desserts on Pinterest before then that seem like suitable candidates as well. :D

    I hope you're turned out splendidly and that you're having a great Monday, my sweet friend!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete