Search This Blog

Friday, 20 February 2015

Inevitabliy thinking about tiles.


Hello everyone.

Choosing your ceramic tile might be the hardest part of a tile project. There are literally thousands of colors, sizes, styles, shapes and grades to choose from.
Our house hasn't changed much. Even after a major make-over (done some three years ago), one thing had to remain the same: bathroom tiles must be blue. Now, imagine me as I'm faking a "liking these tiles" smile, if I tell you that one color I do not appreciate is: blue. :)

.....
There are tiles for all environments -- however there is no one particular tile that is suitable for all situations.Wall and floor tiles perform two functions: an aesthetic, decorative function and a technical function in as much as they should be made from materials that can resist different types of environmental stress without breaking or deteriorating.
Once you search the World Wide Web for "choosing tiles" - you'll get a massive amount of informations, and it just might be overwhelming.

I have found an amazing booklet that might solve some of your problems, give you some hints.. and inspire you to make a change in your living space.












After many hours of reading on tiles, I will share a wisdom from one manufacture's shop: always order more than you think you might need - that will compensate for possible breaking and some later replacements.

.
.
.
.
.

More hard days are ahead,
but I'm still here, my friends:


Marija

1 comment:

  1. Hello my beautiful friend, I'm very sorry that some predicted days of difficulty lay in your future. I wish there was more I could do to help you - please always let me know if there is anything I may be able to do help.

    This was a lovely post - vintage tiles were the best! From the range of hues to their widespread usage in kitchens and bathrooms (and sometimes laundry rooms) alike, they are very defining element of mid-century style for me and are something I always enjoy seeing and daydreaming about.

    Huge hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    *PS* How great is that charming little tiled sewing table corner? Adore!!!

    ReplyDelete