Search This Blog

Friday, 27 February 2015

Furnishing your home with vintage? Here are some hints..


Hello everybody.

This is the third part of a small catalogue I've found a while ago. (part one is HERE , and part two is HERE - so take a look). It was printed back in 1925, when the ladies were bobbing their hair, movies were not under "Code regulations" and inspiration for your home came from the tombs of Ancient Egypt. :)

Infinitely adaptable, it gave free reign to the imagination and celebrated the fantasies, fears and desires of people all over the world.

Bedroom



The Budoir





The Home Office



Accessoires





I'm ever so pleased to be able to share this little gem I've found. Many times, back when I was younger (those were the dial-up internet days, when one had to wait 20 minutes to download a single image... stone-age..) I couldn't even imagine the idea of being able to share something so lovely with as many people as I possible can.

Yes, you can surely spread the word.. and share the Art Deco love.
Marija

2 comments:

  1. Very true. We have made immense leaps in technology in such a short span of time (in relation to the larger life of the universe, let alone human history) and are extremely fortunate to be able to share and connect with others at what at least feels like the speed of light these days. It makes one wonder though, how much faster/more advanced will things be in not just another hundred years, say, but in a mere five or ten? It will be exciting to witness firsthand for sure!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your words are echoing in my ears for days now, Jess.
      This is exactly what I'm wondering: how far will we be willing to go?! As far as I'm concerned, there are days when I feel like leaving the "device" and just walk around town - there are days when I even leave the watch at home. :)

      Hugs from chilly Saturday bake-off

      Marija

      Delete