Search This Blog

Tuesday, 13 January 2015

BURDA Wedensday - December 1956, part I


Hello everyone.

Today, we'll be taking a break from Bernice's adventures in wonderful world of hair - and get back to the regular shceme -- our weekly fashion dedication . :)





















Such an absolute mass of glamour in this issue of Burda. I can't, for one, decide on a favorite. All the pretty dresses are specific in their own way and I just hope, one day, to have something similar (and a reason for wearing them!). :)
Marija

5 comments:

  1. thank you so much for sharing these inspiring magazines! even if i'm not a person for festive clothes ... i would love to find this light blue chiffon sundress in my wardrobe one morning ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the pencil dress with the little jacket for afternoons.

    The soap powder advert amused me, there are virtually the same ones for 'Persil', a British brand, in my old Stitchcrafts. I wonder if they were the same powder with a different name in each country, or if one brand pinched the other's advertising idea?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do believe you're on to something there.
      I think all the brands were (and still are) pretty much all the same, and they vary only in the way they: package, colour and marketing their products. :)

      Marija

      Delete
  3. These fancy, beautiful mid-50s dresses are so rich in classic elegance. I really want to sport each one in candlelight and dance the night away. Swoon!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!
      I would fly over the Moon in one of these dresses. Sad thing is: for us, the regular folk, who do not walk the "red carpet" or do not have any connection with massive wealth and/or diplomatic circles.. there are no times and places to wear such a frock.

      Hug
      Marija

      Delete