Search This Blog

Sunday, 7 December 2014

Love Story: The boy next door


Hello there, dear friends.

It's raining outside. One would complain about that, but I can't.. since I'm having the strangest feeling of still being in the middle of October. It's strange, you know? There's no chill on my cheeks in the early morning, no frost on the grass and there's not even that familiar smell of snow in the air.
That reminded me: to all of you out there, fighting blizzards, and struggling with snow - my heart goes out to you, brave it out.. it will pass.

Sunday.
The house is clean, the the jobs are completed, the family is all here, no one s rushing wth or about anything.. it's time to relax and enjoy.

Let us do just that:






Sunday.
I'm loving this day.. everything is clean and tidy, there's a happy ending to the story, there's a warm smell of cinnamon-scented tea.. even the cookies are done (as should be).

So, would you like a recipe?

I wish you all have a great day.
Marija

3 comments:

  1. So often we romanticize our boys (and now girls) coming home. It's so important that we remember that, for many, live at home was forever changed. Although this story has a fabulous ending, I can't help but think of the many who were never the same and my heart breaks for the many women who never got their boy's next door back. Thank you for sharing.

    She Knits in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do romanticize, don't we?
      And, it s a sad truth that there were many of those "boys next door" who did not return. Somehow, it's easier to fall into the romantic vision of one's darling returning, isn't it?

      I'm glad you like it.

      Marija

      Delete
  2. So am I! For weeks my mind was still thinking it was August, then slowly it hopped over to October hand hasn't really left yet. I swear, I still get pangs of excitement thinking that Halloween is coming up (technically it is, but not for over 10.5 more months!). Isn't it interesting that we both feel this way this year?

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete