Search This Blog

Friday, 19 December 2014

House is a home: Up-in-a-Jiffy Vacation cabin


Hello everyone.

It's Friday, and it's a fine day to play-pretend we're super rich folks, who can not only afford long vacations, but also can afford a stunning place to spend them at. And, also (since we are so great at day-dreaming), let us see how we can manage a cowboy cottage..

Take a look:

It's architecturally quite interesting
with it's bricked-up furnace leaning on the side 
and, the red and white in the fasade might be too much
but they are toned down by the dark roof.

Wide-open, spacious and illuminated living room
is opened to side decks
and the bricks are again present, now as a fireplace.

I can't just leave you like this. So, before I go.. there's a quote: “Aunt Elizabeth said, 'Do you expect to attend many balls, if I may ask?' and I said, 'Yes, when I am rich and famous.' and Aunt Elizabeth said, 'Yes, when the moon is made of green cheese.” ― L.M. Montgomery
Have a stellar Friday!
Marija

2 comments:

  1. Now you're speaking my dream home language! If I can't have a stunning Victorian abode (my absolute #1 dream home), than I'd very merrily welcome a cabin in the woods or on the prairies. Living amongst nature is something that speaks powerfully to me and which I think a great many of us would be way more happy (and less stressed/anxious) if we did. Even just getting away every now and then and communing with the spirits of the wild is an incredibly important thing and one I try to do as often as I can.

    This is such a fun series, honey. I really look forward to seeing what you share with us next!

    Tons of hugs & happy weekend wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I've found the home you like - and, who knows; maybe this day-dreaming game of ours turns into reality. One can never know, Jessica. :)

      I hope you're having a great pre-holiday time, and that you stress less these days.

      Many seasonal hugs
      Marija

      Delete