Search This Blog

Saturday, 13 December 2014

“A silent yawn is a scream for coffee”


Hello there.

Let me tell you how I start my day. I stumble out of bed, and instantly stretch myself. I like to say: I putting the liveliness into my bones.  Then I walk to the kitchen, picking up my clothes and other things in the way. But: kitchen, that's the first stop.
1. Turn the radio on.
2. Put the water for my morning coffee.
3. Everything else that the day brings. :)

"Coffee - makes the work lighter
and your day brighter"
This is ever so true.

Today, I have for you an old article on coffee. 





We, over here, take our coffee a bit different than what you may think.
It is usually made with "џезва" (a copper pot) or similar small brewing pot. In Serbia, when the water reaches its boiling point, a small amount is saved for later, usually in a coffee cup. Next, the coffee is added to the pot ("џезва") and everything is put back on the heat source to reach its boiling point again which takes a couple of seconds only since the coffee is already very hot, and then the remaining water in the cup is added to the pot. This way produces more bitter tasting coffee as grounds do not have time to settle on bottom of pot

Are you a coffee-drinker?
How do you take your coffee?
Marija

1 comment:

  1. That is such an enjoyable article. I don't say this often, simply because our interests are usually quite dissimilar from each other's, but I'm going to send this fun coffee related post to my little sister, who is a massive coffee fan.

    I love the taste of coffee, but unfortunately I can't drink any type (even decaff) due to some of my conditions, so it's been over 12 years now since my last cup. I've tried some of the coffee alternatives out their like chicory, but even those still bother me too much to enjoy them, so I just have to go without and enjoy the scent when I make it for others. Tony is a big coffee drinker (he's Italian, how could he not be?! :D), so I get to do that often.

    Big hugs & tons of happy weekend wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete