Search This Blog

Sunday, 16 November 2014

Love Story: The end of the honeymoon


Hello everyone!

Are you enjoying your Sunday?
As you know by now, while you are reading this, I'll be on my way to Farmer's market - and I'll be able to flaunt my lovely old ring (finally had it re-sized yesterday!)..more about it after the story.

Waiting for the jeweler, to finish fixing my ring

And a love story starts here and now:






Now, about that ring of mine:
I got a small golden ring ages ago from my brother, as a birthday present, it was my favorite. Back when I got the ring, my body was a bit bigger than it is now; fingers as well. I had to stop wearing the ring because, after I've shed some weight, I was no longer able to keep it on my finger. 
And, I'm shamefully admitting it: I forgot about the ring.. up until last week. I took it to the jeweler yesterday, and that amazing man has fixed it for me within minutes!

.
.
.
.
.
Behold, my darling ring:

It's a tiny little thing,
but it means to wold to me

Have a great day, my friends!
Marija

P.S.
By the way: have you noticed I've started posting more photos of myself? I am ever so shy. I'm braving the camera one day at the time.

4 comments:

  1. That's a lovely, lovely ring!

    By the way: gah, your eyebrows are so neat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Lindsay.
      Your words mean a lot to me. I try to keep my eyebrows filled and natural (but you should have seen me in my "thin brows" phase - not nice at all) :)

      Many hugs
      Marija

      Delete
  2. That is such a timelessly beautiful ring. I think it's made all the more special by the fact that it was given to you by your brother. Now that I stop and reflect on it, one doesn't hear about brothers (or even sisters, all that often) bestowing jewelry to their sisters any more. It used to be such an elegant, classic tradition, but alas, these days one is more likely to get a Walmart (or the equivalent) gift cards. I like gift cards, don't get me wrong, but not even one for a million dollars could hold as much true worth a precious piece like this gorgeous gold ring that you will treasure forever.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your words are tru, Jessica.
      People nowdays, they no longer stop to reflect about the reciever of the gift, and I have gained the opinion that most folks out there consider gift-giving a task.
      Unlike them, I still consider it a priviledge. One should be priviledged to have who to send them to.

      As for giving jewelery; in our culture, we value gold a lot. When child is born, for instange, it is given a present made out of gold. It's believed (and it's true) that gold does not fade - meaning: in the times of trouble; and if there's no other way, you can sell it to survive, no? :)

      Marija

      Delete