Search This Blog

Wednesday, 20 August 2014

BURDA Wednesday


Happy Wednesday, my dear friends!

I have found a great quote for this day:
People think that you have to do something huge, like go to Africa and build a school, but you can make a small change in a day. If you change Wednesday, then you change Thursday. Pretty soon it's a week, then a month, then a year. It's bite-size, as opposed to feeling like you have to turn your life inside out to make changes.
The quote is by Hoda Kobt.

Now, it is fine time to share second part of our darling Burda magazine.
It's august 1955, and the ladies have never looked better.





















Have a greast Wednesday, turn it into a happy Thursday.. and keep going..
Marija

4 comments:

  1. Sweet Marija, that quote is absolutely excellent. I have a Word doc I've been keeping for a few years now where I save quotes that really, deeply speak to me, and this wise one is headed straight for it.

    Love (natch! :)) these splendid mid-50s fashions, too. The black and multi-colour floral one is particular is making my heart skip a beat!

    Big hugs & happy mid-week wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jessica.
      I also collect good quotes, they can inspire me grately on a "gray day"

      Hug
      Marija

      Delete
  2. thanks for sharing!
    i really adore the black on black two piece set with the sweater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes.
      Some of the dresses and suits shown here are truly timeless.

      Marija

      Delete