Search This Blog

Wednesday, 2 July 2014

BURDA Wednesday


Hello there!

Our first Burda in our second year together! We'll continue where we stopped, and without further ado, let me take you back to joys of March 1955 - part 2.

Be the flower, wear it's colors.

Good dress, quiality dress,... and a dress with pockets. 


Dress up, my dear..
Darling gents looking galant.

"Little effort - lot of effect"
The advices on making a subtle changes.

Matching a bow, the glowes and cuffs?
Great idea to transofrm the dress.

Here comes an odd picture, just in the perfect time:
gilr with tennis racquet - and Wibledon is on.

Playful kids. Jelwelery. Nivea.


I still like stripped pajamas best.
Nothing tells "good night" better than a stripped pajama. :)

Fashionable knitting for your leisure moments.

Take a closer look at this lady's design, isn't it amazing?

Only thing wrong with this chair is that it does not swing.

Now, now.. it it me, or does this girl reseble our dear 
Elizabeth Taylor?

Design for a child's room.

First time I saw this lady in the upper right corner,
instant idea came to me: a garden party.
Don't you think it would be a perfect setting?

Burda at it's best - exclusive models. 
Utterly elegant.

Spring fashion for the kids.

Darling little girl: amazing dress and an elephant.

Meny today:
Macarony and liver, cheesenoodles with tomato sauce,
sweetbread in herb sauce and Italian spinach with eggs.


It feels like summer overe here: the days are long, the sun is high and strong. I hope your weather is good and you're planning some vacation.
Have a great week!
Marija

4 comments:

  1. those dresses are so fabolous!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are truly magnificent pieces, and I for one wouldn't mind seeing more ladies wearing them nowadays :D

      Delete
  2. Okay, my internal calendar is right out of whack this week after the (essentially four day) long weekend. I keep flip-flopping today between feeling like it's Monday or it's Friday, and were it not for seeing this beautiful new edition of Burda images, I might have forgotten entirely that it's only Wednesday. That's okay, just two more workdays until we get to start the weekend over again. I sure wish I had a few of these fifties fashion stunners (like the navy blue frock in the first image) to do just that with. I think I'll need this coming weekend to recoup from the last. It was tons of fun, but did a bit of a number on me, especially since I still hadn't/haven't recovered from our travels to Vancouver entirely. There's so much to do and see in the summer on top of life's usual hustle and bustle that it can be tricky to find time to stop and smell the roses this season, but we absolutely must as that's when, after all, they're quite literally in full bloom. :)

    Big hugs & tons of happy start of July wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's just some eternally adorable connection between sailor dresses and summer time. Luckily, July is the month not only of great weather, but also of the Time (time always being the issue, since days never seem to have enough of it when I need them to). Summer days are long.. so, for once I can do it all: work, garden, ride a bike.. and still have time to make sure no blog post is left unseen. :)

      Many hugs
      Marija

      Delete