Search This Blog

Thursday, 26 June 2014

First birthday - yes, it's been a year!


Hey there.

Today is a special day. Today is my little blog's first birthday.

Happy birthday to this blog!


To celebrate this event, I'll be more personal with you, and answer some questions (stay 'till the end, there are more surprises to come!)

I wanted to share something of my own with you, my dreams and ideas.. and without a slightest fear of arming some of the less-happy crowd with a smacking-tools, I'm telling you more about myself. 

If you could…

    Travel anywhere, where would it be?
Anywhere in the world? There's a list. It changes according to my own mood. Some days, on the top of my list is a sunny beach in Greece, in other days it's a tundra region in the north of Siberia. I would like to visit some of the world's loveliest gardens, and some of the monuments of the Old World. I would give priority to architectural wonders over a night out any time.

    Meet anyone, who would it be?
I'd have to go for Neil Gaiman. I find his writing astonishing, and I believe he'd have couple of things to say, that would be amusing. Other than him, I wouldn't mind finding myself in a conversation with one of the Fortunate 500, and maybe get some hints of how a world greatest minds work. Who knows, maybe some of their advises get to me, and makes me a better human being.

    Bring anyone dead back to life, who would it be?
Darn. That's a hard one. Loved ones that are gone, I suppose. But, than again, that might hurt more that it would benefit me. So, I'll play this one safe: I'd bring someone like Zaza Gabor. Yes, her. She'd be a magnificent choice - I'd love to see her in this modern world. As one of her quotes goes "I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man I keep his house". Can you imagine what wonders she would do nowadays?

    Be anyone for a day, who would it be?
As a matter of fact, I like myself best, than you very much. :) If this had to be done, I guess I could manage a day in the shoes of someone who rents surf-boards on a tropical island. You see, I'm not much of a dreamer in that way, and I never tried to imagine myself as someone who reached stardom. Another one is: the owner of a vintage tea-shop. A stress free, friendly and smiling person - I'd like to be that for a day.

    Get anything for free for the rest of your life what would it be?
A house.
There's no thinking about that one. And, I believe you all knew that one. I am boring on this subject, and I will continue to bore everyone with it; but One day I will have a house I can call my own. Even if it takes some magic dust to make it happen.

    Change one thing about your life what would it be?
Being able to stand up strong and say "No" to certain people. Being more pushy in that way, since I'm one of those people who are so polite, so shy, that it disables me from pushing some unwanted things (folks) out. I was told I am so much into "Cinderella: pouring dust over my head" that I literally run away when someone wants to say a good thing about me, or praise me. That's another thing I might consider: being just a bit ambitious. My mom said once they cut my umbilical cord, they have also cut any and all my ambition in life. :)

    Have any superpower what would it be?
Being the One-who-walks-the dreams. It would be so powerful, if I'd be able to move around my dreams without the fear that I have yet again lost my keys (we all have that dream, right?). And to be able to control my dreams, at least a bit.

    Be any animal for a day which would you be?
A cat.
Have you ever enjoyed a day of cat-watching? They move so gracefully, and live so effortlessly. They yawn, stretch, move around, and lay down again. Masters of manipulation.. or are those just the traits of my own cats? Amazing creatures.

    Date anyone who would it be?
A strong-willed and intelligent man. Know any? Oh, wait - I have to chose a celebrity or something like that? No, I could never, I'm way to shy to be seen in public, I'd melt down from shame.. 

    Change one thing about the world what would it be?
I'd like to see our civilization be more.. civil and polite. I'd bring back good manners. It'll improve our live greatly. Do you remember how they used to say "Know your place?". Indeed, that would be great to have back; being aware where we are, who we are and what are we supposed to act like in a certain place and/or situation.

    Live in any fictional universe which would you choose?
One with Mother Goddess as a deity. Pre-Christian times, of Nature's magic and druids.. that pretty much sounds like it. I suppose it's got to do with my fascination with all things green.

    Eliminate one of your human needs which would you get rid of?
Hard to say - I like what makes us human. Does flatulence counts? :)

    Change one thing about your physical appearance what would it be?
We are all wain. I'm trying to understand why we are like that, so that I could find a way to fight it. I don't like how I bloat, like a bloat-fish. It's an aesthetics-thing. And my Hobbit-feet. :) They are the reason I prefer wearing closed shoes.

    Change one of your personality traits which would you choose?
Getting angry. I tend to get angry and my face is incapable of hiding emotions. So, when getting angry comes to me, it shows. And I do tend to think less rationally.

    Be talented at anything instantly what would you choose?
I'd chose to be a great public speaker. I can write, but I can't tell what I write. Words fail to come out of my mouth with the same quality as they do on paper.

    Forget one event in your life which would you choose?
One? Just one? Since I do tend to get tangled-up in quite the number of strange situations, I suppose I need more that one. Fortunately, I do forget them. I truly do. Once something is so overwhelming or frustrating, my mind erases it. First day of school - I have no recollection of it. My final thesis - no memories of it. I say: mind is powerful. 

    Erase an event from history (make it so it never happened) which would you choose?
Events after WWII - the Party and all their doings. The land confiscation that came after the war, and way justified with "for the grater good". Some families lost a lot, just to see it move from one owner to another; and lastly to witness their fatherland being sold by the State to the ones who could afford it. That I'd like to erase. (No, my land was not confiscated - we had none) :)

    Have any hair/eye/skin color, which would you choose?
I have green eyes, and my entire family has blue. I don't mind it, but sometimes I used to wonder what would my face look like if they were deep blue like my mom's. Skin is what I like about myself. And my hair color comes from a tube, so no worries there. 

    Be any weight/body type, which would you choose?
Yes, goodness yes: I'm quite masculine. (Have you ever heard that song "Masculine women, feminine men"?). I'd prefer to have an hour-glass figure. Alas, once I start to do any physical activity (and we all need to be physically active) my body shifts back to it's natural state. Let me tell you one thing: I must not lift weights. Know that fear of "girls who lift weight will become like Stallone"? - well, I would.

    Live in any country/city, where would you choose?
England. Home of "Gardener's world", Agatha Christie's lovely Miss Marple and her adventures, tea culture, wearing hats on events.. see: numerous reasons. No, I would not chose London, or Liverpool or Glasgow. I'd go for some quiet little place in Cornwall, probably.

    Change one law in your country, which would you change?
Ohohooo.. you got me here. You do know I'm a governmental worker? It is my duty to obey all laws, and to tell you the truth some times it's too hard to ignore the "gray zones". One I would not like to change (but irradiate!) is our new-coming Labor Law - a dreadful thing that'll make our working lives... pardon me, this in not a blog on politics (Funny story: before Purple Pinky Honey became vintage-world it was my online journal on politics)

    Be any height, which would you choose?
As a matter of fact, I'm tall (173 cm, that's about 5'8''), and being this size can be daunting - not much men nowadays look for tall girls, they prefer the shorter and slender ones. So, I'd go for being the highest of 168 cm. That would be nice(er).

    Have any job in the world, which would you choose?
If I had no fear of failing, and no fear of my head suddenly exploding, I'd write. Since I do fear of failing and being financially ruined, I opt for the Scarlet O'Hara recipe "I will never go hungry again" - so I stay safe and sound in my office. (Oh, but I have so many stories - I just don't share them.. I'm greedy like that

    Have anything appear in your pocket right now, what would it be?
An slice of melon. 
What?! Wait, let me pick something else.. (but I really want a slice of melon now!). Shouldn't I be more intelligent and pick a huge lump of cash?!

    Have anyone beside you right now, who would it be?
Right now? A whole band. I'd like to hear some live music right now.

That's it.
Oh, wait.. no, that's not it. There's something else.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Allow me to Beam you back to 1930's

This is the place for all things Hollywood

I haven't got any better way to celebrate this amazing year I have had here with you, other than sharing something amazing. You see, I've found a massive collection of magazines, and I'm a sharing person. That is why I have decided to make another little spot on the Web, where there will be nothing else than magazine's pages. From me. To you.

Again: THANK YOU all for being here with me for an entire year!
Marija

3 comments:

  1. My goodness, how time flies when you're having fun blogging! Massive and completely happy congrats on your first blogging anniversary, my dear friend!!! It's been an honour, a joy, a very inspiration filled experience to have followed you here pretty much from the get-go and I really look forward to seeing what you have in store for us during the second year and beyond, as well as on your awesome new vintage Hollywood site.

    Love, hugs & tons of encouragement to keep on doing what you're (so wonderfully) doing!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you, thank you..
      ...for being there when I needed you, for watching over this little place of mine and for inspiring me over and over! You are a fine companion on this journey into blogosphere!

      Marija

      Delete
  2. Congrats on a year of blogging! Nice to find out a bit more about you too xx

    ReplyDelete