Search This Blog

Wednesday, 9 April 2014

BURDA Wednesday


Hey.

Is it Wednesday already!? My days are flying by, and I can honestly say I feel like I'm lost in time (not only due to my, evident, love for all things vintage).

Right, as I recall it well, we have spliced our Burda magazine in half. Last week I took you to a drive down a timeline, into a warm June of 1954. 
If you don't mind, I'd like us to continue where we left off. OK?

 Professional outfits.
I am so fascinated with the past, that even these look dashing?

 How to make a perfect bouquet.
Ester is coming so fast, and I do believe these
can inspire you to make a great table decoration




 Knitting, yes.
But, take a moment to look at the details..

 Taking care of your skin was as important to us then
as it is now.
And why not?! Our faces are the first thing people see one us.

 Nursery decoration with ducks?
I'd say yes to it any day.. and not just in nursery room.


 Take a moment and absorb this colorful amazement.
Would it fit your living room?
It so lovely, I'd make it a center-piece and decorate the rest of the room around it.
Do you find that strange?


 "Camping in the summer"

 One such order page was taken out of the Burda back in the mid seventies, 
by my mother.
And, one such book is still in our house.
I love using it, it's so helpful..


 Ladies back then considered even hormones..
..as long as they could promise them they'll get skinnier.
I suppose we're not farther from that nowadays?



 An exclusive model - brings a fresh scent of Spain.


 They are so lovely, like cut-out dolls.

 Strawberry cake, anyone? :)


Bright white collar, tight stripes and a wonderful red belt
what an amazing combination..

I hope you've enjoyed these pages, my dear friends.
Now, in case you feel there's couple of promises I failed to follow, or in case you sense that I'm not as present as you're used to.. that's because I'm a captive of my work.. and believe you me - I'm looking forward to having more time for me, you and this wonderful vintage world we're building together.
Marija

2 comments:

  1. You're making me love Wednesday with these love Burda pictures! I wish you a darling day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would you believe me if I told you that that's the reason I first started BURDA Wednesday? Now, it's my happy day. :D

      Hug
      Marija

      Delete