Search This Blog

Tuesday, 25 March 2014

Anyone set their mind of exercising (more) this year?


Hey there.

Spring is here (evidently). For all of you out there, like myself, who sworn to be fit for the summer, it is just about time to start working on that.



I hold on to all things vintage. So, when it comes to keeping fit for the summer, I prefer the old-fashioned exercises. Bending and hopping, with no special equipment is not only money saving, but also beneficial in so many levels: putting your body to use by vigorous exercise really does great things to your health, your mind and your emotions.

Feel free to click on the images to open them in another window, so that you can read them with no problems.


















I hope this set of images is helping you get inspired and, as they like to say - "hit the floor". Exercising is known for it's many benefits; one of them is the fact that it helps reduce stress. To me, that alone is enough; and I feel such a relieve after a short session of brisk movements - just like those given on these images. 
There's nothing wrong in doing your exercises the old way. The only wrong thing is to do your exercises is: "no way".
Marija

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing all of these, I really love seeing vintage exercise adds. Though I do like my fave exercise equipment and have lost weight and have toned up a lot, it is nice to have some alternatives on days I don't feel like getting on the machine.

    PS Sorry I haven't been around much, my computer crashed and I've been playing catch up on so many things. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are more than welcome.
      And: not to worry. I get what you are feeling while not being able to blog, more than you know. We are here, and will be here, so you can relax.. reboot.

      Hug
      Marija

      Delete
  2. There seems to me to be so much more elegance in these exercise images than in most that glare out from you from the cover of glossy fitness magazines these days (where it's become little more than a who is the most beautiful/most ripped contest amongst both genders). They're fun and very much remind me of my mom doing aerobics (she was even an instructor for a little while before she had kids) in our living room when I was a kid growing up in the 80s and 90s.

    Big hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These images appealed to me, because they looked "fun", rather than "fitness". Dancing yourself into being ready for the summer, is much, much more acceptable than trying to get the grip of modern exercise machinery, or sweating while repeating same structural exercises over and over, day after day.
      Also, you are more than true: these remind me of the fun '80, and the way they brought exercising to the masses.

      Marija

      P.S.
      Don't worry much, I'll send you letter, I'm finishing it today.

      Delete