Search This Blog

Thursday, 20 March 2014

A year of wearing red lips - every day


Hello there!

Are you excited it's almost spring? It's so close now, and we can see it's bloom in every little corner of our world. The streets are filled with flowers, the gardens are ready to be sown.. we even had the first mowing of the year this past weekend.

It is official: today at 17:58 (that's 5:58 PM) Spring is arriving in my town.




A Light exists in Spring by Emily Dickinson

A Light exists in Spring
Not present on the Year
At any other period --
When March is scarcely here

A Color stands abroad
On Solitary Fields
That Science cannot overtake
But Human Nature feels.

It waits upon the Lawn,
It shows the furthest Tree
Upon the furthest Slope you know
It almost speaks to you.

Then as Horizons step
Or Noons report away
Without the Formula of sound
It passes and we stay --

A quality of loss
Affecting our Content
As Trade had suddenly encroached
Upon a Sacrament.


.
.
.

One more thing marks this coming celebration: it's a full calendar year of me wearing red lipstick. Every day, for a whole year I have managed to pull it out. All shades, matching all my moods..


Today, I'll tell you what I have learned in this year of continuity:
  1. My lips are rather thin, so I'm avoiding red lipstick that is darker in shade. Dark colors, as I notices when I received a deep-red lipstick; are making my lips even smaller.
  2. There's a whole science in undertones. My skin undertone is cool (check the inside of your hand: are you veins blue - you are "cool", if they are more green - you are "warm" toned). Cool toned ladies look better wearing red lipstick that has a bit of blue in it. As for the warmer toned, try something more orange.
  3. Being pale (I tend to avoid sun, because I burn easily, and it leaves permanent dark patches on my skin), I feared red. It's a high contrast. And, during this year, I have learned the beauty of contrasting. No one mentioned me being "rug pale", but there were tales of me being "like a porcelain doll"
  4. I have read that, those who have yellow teeth should stay away from corals, and all those yellow-based lipstick. Darker tones brighten the teeth.
  5. This is the last thing I'll tell you: the perfect combination to go with your darling red lips is wearing winged eyeliner; and properly groomed eyebrows. As simple as that.


 With this lovely feeling, I'm sending my best wishes to all of you!
Marija

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome!!! What a very cool thing to accomplish! Red lipstick is my go-to choice most of the time, too, followed (in this order) by a dusty rose shade of pink and burgundy. Much like yourself, my skin has cool undertones and suits true and blue based reds best (and I also have fairly thin lips, especially on the top - I've always longed for a more alluring, voluptuous pair of lips, but at least lipstick helps give them the appearance of being a bit bigger than they are).

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is still strange to me, when I look back. An entire year!
      I have learned so much in this year, I have learned to manage my skin-tone, the thin lips.. and I braved out some of the amazing colours, too.

      Many hugs.
      Marija

      Delete